Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys.... I'm sure this is posted somewhere on this sight already but help me out.

I've had my bike over a month now and I've only been able to take it out twice. Both times I got hung up several times. I need more ground clearance for the type of riding I do. Other that guards, I have no mods. I am looking hard and some 22'' ITP Mudlights. What will this do to the speed at both low and top end.? I was not planning on changing out the front tires. Will that be wise if I go up on the rear tires?

Also, if it would not cause tons of trouble, I'd like to go up to 25" on the back. What's the effect of that v/s stock v/s 22''?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you go up on tire sizes you might want to go down on the counter shaft gear. So you can have the same power curve. It also sounds like you bought the wrong type of ATV if you are mudding it in stuff that deep.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
25" No, thats way too big. You will look silly and you would have to get 26-27" on the front to keep it level. They would kill your clutch, flip over, catch on fire, and smell bad. My buddy has 25's on his Honda Formen ute. 22" will make a big difference. Those Mud Lite SP's are starting to catch on, I almost bought some 20"ers

·
Registered
767 Posts
Could've swore I just replied to this exact thread, wait I did. :crazy: Let's try to only post a question once. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diddly said:
Could've swore I just replied to this exact thread, wait I did. :crazy: Let's try to only post a question once. ;)
I hear ya.... Before I plunk down the green... just wanted to know what the larger tires will do overall to my ride. I love the way it handles now... I would not want to mess that up or slow down the bike. I thought I had read somewhere on the forum where someone had 25"s. I know I will have to go larger on the fronts if I go all the way to 25's which I would not mind doing if it did not cause tons of problems. If you guys thing it would then I'll just go with the 22"s out back and leave the front stock. I sounds like if I do that then no other mods would be necessary.... right? :3question:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts