Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an 04 660r and need a jetting baseline..Looked at the sticky but didnt find my combination..
fmf powerbomb header
gutted fmf titanium4 silencer
uni clamp on filters with no airbox
as far as i know the engine is all stock..

elevation around here is around 1140 ft above sea level..
thanks in advance...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi i have an 04 660r and need a jetting baseline..Looked at the sticky but didnt find my combination..
fmf powerbomb header
gutted fmf titanium4 silencer
uni clamp on filters with no airbox
as far as i know the engine is all stock..

elevation around here is around 1140 ft above sea level..
thanks in advance...
#25 pilots..............
Aftermarket needles half way up...........
160 to 170 mikuni mains..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#25 pilots..............
Aftermarket needles half way up...........
160 to 170 mikuni mains..........
sweet thanks...just pulled it apart to find out it only has 22.5 pilots and 125/130 mains Im not sure what brand the mains are.They have the same square lookin logo on them as the pilots.

previous owner said it was jetted by a shop but im not too sure...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
sweet thanks...just pulled it apart to find out it only has 22.5 pilots and 125/130 mains Im not sure what brand the mains are.They have the same square lookin logo on them as the pilots.

previous owner said it was jetted by a shop but im not too sure...
All carbs are jetted, what matters is if the jetting is correct.............:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All carbs are jetted, what matters is if the jetting is correct.............:D
Very true..The bike seemed to run pretty good when i got it but then i rode it at night and seen that the exhaust system was cherry red so i decided to pull the plug and it was white as snow....This is my first raptor but ive done alot of street bike jetting before...

Man i thought this raptor was fast,i might be suprised once i get the jetting straitened out..It runs a little stronger than my 86 230 quadsport...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright put 160/165 mains in an 27.5 pilots runs ok but if i roll in 2nd and crack the throttle open it just dies...Do i need to maybe lower the needles a notch?Im not sure of the brand but they do have 6 grooves and i put the clip in the 3rd one with all the spacers in the stock spots...
Also the a/f screws out 2 1/2..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Alright put 160/165 mains in an 27.5 pilots runs ok but if i roll in 2nd and crack the throttle open it just dies...Do i need to maybe lower the needles a notch?Im not sure of the brand but they do have 6 grooves and i put the clip in the 3rd one with all the spacers in the stock spots...
Also the a/f screws out 2 1/2..
Install #25 pilots, fuel screws at 2 to 2.5 turns out, see what it does............

·
Registered
521 Posts
threadjack but willy, do you need to do anything to an internally modded engine as far as jetting?
my engine is bored to 101, hotcams stage 1, and hot rods crank kit BUT intake wise its stock, just has a uni replacement filter (full airbox still) and the exhaust is a white bros e series slip on, would jetting need modified at all from stock?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
threadjack but willy, do you need to do anything to an internally modded engine as far as jetting?
my engine is bored to 101, hotcams stage 1, and hot rods crank kit BUT intake wise its stock, just has a uni replacement filter (full airbox still) and the exhaust is a white bros e series slip on, would jetting need modified at all from stock?
Very slight jetting changes for engine mods compared to intake and air box mods................

·
Registered
521 Posts
should i worry about a rejet or wait until i do a full exhaust and intake mods?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts