Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been debating over to go with +2 or +3. I want to go +3 to help control it for the long rides i do. So are there any companys out there that make a +3 long travel suspension setup for a 2005 raptor 660r? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sure there are, ASR, Lonestar, Janssen and others I'm sure. Most +3 arms will be long travel, which means you need a longer shock up front. The long travel stuff = big bucks. You might think about staying at +2 just to keep cost down.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LSR doesnt make +3 LT for my bike. i have researched and haven't seen any +3 LT that are good. I know that I need a longer shop. I wish socal fabshop was still making LT's kit for the raptor's. I know it is going to cost big bucks but if you want the best you got to pay.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
a lot of companies aren't making 660 oriented parts anymore, not much of a money maker anymore. Ls and houser along with a select others stopped making +3 raptor a-arms. However, I believe +2 arms are still being made by most companies.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
That's what I run and they seem plenty stout. Pretty good customer service through ASR or Quad Parts Guy, although Q.P.G. is ususally cheaper on ebay for the same stuff. My swinger was $100 cheaper on ebay compared to the company (QPG or ASR) website.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
ASR makes good, quality products. They're not the cat's meow but they're not that expensive either.

They have the Gull-wing long travels for the 660, +3+0 orientation I believe. I wouldn't hesitate to run them on my bike but then again I don't ride anywhere that would require the benefits of LT so I can't speak for their performance at that level.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I should have clarified, I run the +2+1 arms, not the +3LT arms. I was commenting on general quality which seems good to me.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i love my janssen +3+1 L.T arms.....with the elka quadrates i could ride and jump all day....lifetime warranty and good customer service there....and i like the industrial sized integrated heim joint setup....seems like these things would be impossbile to break unlike some ball joints and most thread in heims....and they have massive travel ability....i almost sound like a rep.....but yeah they are good and they still make them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have laeger +3 LT a arms on my 660 raptor. I bought them a couple years ago. They dont normally stock the +3's so they had to build them. They do normally stock the +2's. Also eyeball engineering offers a +3 LT for the 660 raptor.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have talked with the guys at eyeball and might do a a-arm and swing arm setup if I can't find what I am looking for. I need the a-arms to hold up for a 1,000 miles of abuse. That is why I might go with the IMS setup as the have been proven yet the dont offer a +3 so I am seeing what other companies make +3 LT a-arms for the setup that has been proven.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
post again and let us know what you go with and how you like what you got

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I got the houser +3+1 arms with the caster adjustment...the old school ones. washer shims on the top.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.