Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright we'll after 1 extremly rocky XC Race my lower mounts and my bumper is junk, im probaly just gomma bend em back and have my Uncle weld em back into place, but if not im gonna get another set of handguard clamps (like i did up top)ad mount the bumper on with 4 of them and then get an angle piece made to cover the 90 degree bends on the front of the frame......If anyone has any alternatives to mounting the bumper stronger let me hear em....I 100% love this Quad but this is defently the weak point with there design i think :thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
RaptorRacer45 said:
Alright we'll after 1 extremly rocky XC Race my lower mounts and my bumper is junk, im probaly just gomma bend em back and have my Uncle weld em back into place, :thumbsup:
That might be your best bet, once you bend those flimsy mounts and attempt to bend them back they become really weak. On the other hand, I guess that is better than a bent frame.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is....My Uncle asked if i would want something bulletproof fabbed up....i said "No id rather change bumpers than frames"

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yah i just keep making new mounts and welding them back on. I just use a nut on the back side for the bumper bolt then shoot alittle paint on them. Works fairly well but i agree deffently a weak spot on this wonderful quad.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok atleast im not alone with this problem then....lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was chattin with a ******* friend (he builds trailers) of mine and he had this idea for me:
make a mounting plate that bolts onto my chassis skidplate and folds up in front of the frame, put some rubber between the plate and the front frame tubes, then secure it onto the frame with u-bolts, then mount the bumper onto the plate...

basically
a straight on impact and the plate will absorb some of the shock
and you can pull the Raptor forward by the bumper and it'll still feel solid

seems practical to me
better than bringing my baby to the dentist for her crooked smile ::)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Anyone got pics of the handguard mount trick? Sounds like a great idea! Can the mount clamps be bought separately?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts