Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not looking for used (unless you take yamaha's credit card :lol: ) and I understand it would be cheaper to by used....but I want new.

I'm looking for something 09 and up from a yamaha dealership so I can use my Yamaha Card.

I got my 08 new 2 years ago for $5400 out the door...I'm looking for the same kind of deal.

I'm just checking to see if anyone stumbled across any amazing deals, doesnt matter where it is, I can have it shipped. 2010's around here are still $7500 and I just dont want to give them my money/business on general principal :p

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Call your Yamaha dealership and have them do a dealer search, tell em what you want and they'll locate one for you

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call your Yamaha dealership and have them do a dealer search, tell em what you want and they'll locate one for you
Yes, but they will locate it on there showroom floor for $7499 plus every fee imaginable. I'm trying to get a great price, otherwise I would just get it from them and use yamalube so it wouldnt be quite so painful. ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
No not necessarily, I just went through this last week when looking for a new ATV for my wife. They found what I wanted at another dealership and gave me the contact info of the dealer that had it. I called them and proceeded with negotiation to get the killer deal because it was a non current left over.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No not necessarily, I just went through this last week when looking for a new ATV for my wife. They found what I wanted at another dealership and gave me the contact info of the dealer that had it. I called them and proceeded with negotiation to get the killer deal because it was a non current left over.
Mine is not that friendly which is why I'm NOT going through them and having to asking for assistance here.

Where did you get your wifes bike from and how much did it end up costing? Maybe I'll give them a call. THANKS!

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
594 Posts
Mine is not that friendly which is why I'm NOT going through them and having to asking for assistance here.

Where did you get your wifes bike from and how much did it end up costing? Maybe I'll give them a call. THANKS!
So call a different one, If you don't like them or they treat you wrong go somewhere else. I'm sure you can find one that treats you right.

I bought a '09 Wolverine 450, ended up getting it for around book value.
I can't remember the name of the dealer, I'll check when I get home.

It's true that many dealers will try to still get retail for a leftover, but you'd be surprised what you can actually get one for. Of course they'll start high, but the method I used is throwing book value in there face. I'm not going to take a $2000-$3000 hit the second I buy a non current unit.

Even if it's new it's still only worth book value once you load it in your truck.
So that's what you should expect to pay. If it's a leftover that means they could'nt even sell it when it was new, so the fact that it's up to 3 years old now, only gives you more negotaiting power. If they want to be hard asses and try bullying you into paying a ridiculous price then go somewhere else. Someone out there has what you're looking for and would love your money.

If you end up working a good enough deal, then consider the possibility of having it shipped to you. I just used Uship.com and ended up getting my Wolverine shipped almost 900 miles for $247. With that in mind now you can look all over the US, not just dealers close to you.

I bought a different Wolverine 450 a couple years ago. this way I ended up buying a brand new 2006 in 2007 for $4200 OTD and retail was $6599

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So call a different one, If you don't like them or they treat you wrong go somewhere else. I'm sure you can find one that treats you right.

I bought a '09 Wolverine 450, ended up getting it for around book value.
I can't remember the name of the dealer, I'll check when I get home.

It's true that many dealers will try to still get retail for a leftover, but you'd be surprised what you can actually get one for. Of course they'll start high, but the method I used is throwing book value in there face. I'm not going to take a $2000-$3000 hit the second I buy a non current unit.

Even if it's new it's still only worth book value once you load it in your truck.
So that's what you should expect to pay. If it's a leftover that means they could'nt even sell it when it was new, so the fact that it's up to 3 years old now, only gives you more negotaiting power. If they want to be hard asses and try bullying you into paying a ridiculous price then go somewhere else. Someone out there has what you're looking for and would love your money.

If you end up working a good enough deal, then consider the possibility of having it shipped to you. I just used Uship.com and ended up getting my Wolverine shipped almost 900 miles for $247. With that in mind now you can look all over the US, not just dealers close to you.

I bought a different Wolverine 450 a couple years ago. this way I ended up buying a brand new 2006 in 2007 for $4200 OTD and retail was $6599
LAVA, sorry that you missed the part about me buying a BRAND NEW 2008 Raptor 700 in April of 2010 for $5400 plus shipping. The purpose of this thread was not to solicit purchasing tactics. I'm well aware of how to work a deal. The intent of this thread was to see if anyone - while out and about at their local dealerships - might have seen an amazing deal on a new Raptor 700. Sorry for any confusion. :)

PS: You should check out this website http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/vitamins-for-memory.html or http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alzheimers/AZ00009 because had I been able to work a "smoking deal" on a new 2009 4 wheeler of any kind and had to negotiate a price with said dealership about a week ago, I would remember the name of it. I purchased my Raptor from Big Horn Powersports in WY almost 2 years. Amanda was very nice to deal with and even helped me set up shipping. If they still stocked Raptors I would get one from them today however they only carry utility quads now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
LAVA, sorry that you missed the part about me buying a BRAND NEW 2008 Raptor 700 in April of 2010 for $5400 plus shipping. The purpose of this thread was not to solicit purchasing tactics. I'm well aware of how to work a deal. The intent of this thread was to see if anyone - while out and about at their local dealerships - might have seen an amazing deal on a new Raptor 700. Sorry for any confusion. :)

PS: You should check out this website http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/vitamins-for-memory.html or http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alzheimers/AZ00009 because had I been able to work a "smoking deal" on a new 2009 4 wheeler of any kind and had to negotiate a price with said dealership about a week ago, I would remember the name of it. I purchased my Raptor from Big Horn Powersports in WY almost 2 years. Amanda was very nice to deal with and even helped me set up shipping. If they still stocked Raptors I would get one from them today however they only carry utility quads now.
I have no idea how old you are or how much experience you have with buying from dealerships. For all I know you could be a 16 year old kid in High School. Therefore I was simply offering up some friendly advice. Take it or leave it. I apploigize my memory is not up to your standards. I have a lot on my plate right now, I'm in the middle of negotating a deal to sell a business, trying to meet our monthly goals at my job, finishing up my Masters degree and on top of that making funeral arrangements, these are just a few of the more important things in addition to all the Holiday related and other stuff going on. So recalling the name of a dealership I did business with does not even have room on my list of priorities.

Sorry for trying to help ::)

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
:rofl:

Good luck Jeff, I haven't been to any dealerships lately. The one local would take your leg and add 7000 onto it to buy a new raptor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not looking for used (unless you take yamaha's credit card :lol: ) and I understand it would be cheaper to by used....but I want new.

I'm looking for something 09 and up from a yamaha dealership so I can use my Yamaha Card.

I got my 08 new 2 years ago for $5400 out the door...I'm looking for the same kind of deal.

I'm just checking to see if anyone stumbled across any amazing deals, doesnt matter where it is, I can have it shipped. 2010's around here are still $7500 and I just dont want to give them my money/business on general principal :p

Merry Christmas!
I am going to my local dealership today. I will see what they have, and let you know.

David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:rofl:

Good luck Jeff, I haven't been to any dealerships lately. The one local would take your leg and add 7000 onto it to buy a new raptor.
Thanks Cam! Thats the same way it is around here :rolleyes: so if I can save a grand even after shipping that would be super!

I am going to my local dealership today. I will see what they have, and let you know.
David
Thanks for looking out David, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have no idea how old you are or how much experience you have with buying from dealerships. For all I know you could be a 16 year old kid in High School. Therefore I was simply offering up some friendly advice. Take it or leave it. I apploigize my memory is not up to your standards. I have a lot on my plate right now, I'm in the middle of negotating a deal to sell a business, trying to meet our monthly goals at my job, finishing up my Masters degree and on top of that making funeral arrangements, these are just a few of the more important things in addition to all the Holiday related and other stuff going on. So recalling the name of a dealership I did business with does not even have room on my list of priorities.

Sorry for trying to help ::)
With all that drama going on Im surprised you have time for a forum in your day to day functions ~ :eek:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Hey Jeff call Matthews Fun Machines and see what they have. They usually have killer deals on stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts