Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Alot of people have used these on the 660 and like them. The biggest problem is the tierod extensions tend to break and it turns out not so good. But with +2 or +3 tierods it solve the issue there.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I run it on my 700, I've had zero problems from it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've been running this kit on my 700 for about 2 years now and it's the best 300$ I put on the bike so far. The kit is well build and solid, I weight 285# and ride my bike like it was stolen and nothing bent so far other than the tie-rod extensions (they can be OK as a temporary solution, but they aren't very good). The bike handles very well with it, no issues at all, good stuff!

One thing though, the paint chipped on it and it's been on bare metal for several months now... But it's so thick it'll take a couple dozens of years to become an issue in terms of solidity.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
If your going to spend 300 on this kit why not go with a cheaper set of a arms for about 400 and get something better. There a decient product but it dose add some weight to the front.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been running this kit on my 700 for about 2 years now and it's the best 300$ I put on the bike so far. The kit is well build and solid, I weight 285# and ride my bike like it was stolen and nothing bent so far other than the tie-rod extensions (they can be OK as a temporary solution, but they aren't very good). The bike handles very well with it, no issues at all, good stuff!

One thing though, the paint chipped on it and it's been on bare metal for several months now... But it's so thick it'll take a couple dozens of years to become an issue in terms of solidity.
so what did u do about the tie rod extensions?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
its about $200 now..
Oh Ok I guess that's not to bad then but the a arms are the best way to go. For the tie rod extensions they screw on to the stock tie rods and the stock ball joint gets screwed on the extension. It works but you stil have a chance of them breaking.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The tie rod extension tend to break under abusive riding conditions, but you can solve that problem buying the correct length tie rods. I believe going with a set of aftermarket a-arms is the best possible solution going wider. You can get a good brand under 500.00 from us.

Take Care

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
so what did u do about the tie rod extensions?
I'm using a pair of +2 tie rods I got from TQS ... It was like 45$ for the pair. Works great and they are very sturdy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh Ok I guess that's not to bad then but the a arms are the best way to go. For the tie rod extensions they screw on to the stock tie rods and the stock ball joint gets screwed on the extension. It works but you stil have a chance of them breaking.
yeah, im starting to consider +2 a-arms...

thanx for the info guys. :D

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I had spacers so they weren't as much as the widening kit. For half the cost it's better to do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again. Now that I have a arms I love them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts