Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clutch is finally starting to slip on my 08 raptor 700..time to upgrade the inards..what's the best clutch to get.. replace the whole set up or get new friction discs springs and basket?AND stage 2 hot cam..what you think good bad on stock engine. and do they come with springs valves etc..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stage 2 HC is a drop in cam no need for springs or rocker clearance......IF you get a cam do a piston too! Will not hurt anything on a stock motor.

As far as brand of clutch someone will chime in I am sure......I have always put HINSON basket and pressure plates in all of my bikes though.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Always use an OEM clutch. If you buy through TQS you will get all the full fibers instead of the 1st half fiber. Hinson basket and pressure plate are a good upgrade if you are making any power. If your going to do a cam and piston go with a stage 3 hot cam. If your just going to do a drop in cam go with a stage 2. This is assuming you already have the big three for the supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
im pretty sure if u go with a cam you'll need a controller. if a piston u shouldent need one.And OEM all the way for the clutch

·
Registered
482 Posts
I used the full fibers and a set of heavy springs from Daniel (DL700) and never had a problem, Granted I'm only making 60HP

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you have the $$ I would do a locker clutch. Mine started to slip pretty bad, rather then replace my clutch disks I just put a locker clutch in. Its awsome! No slipping and no poping out of gear! And you get a cool cover with a glass that lets you see inside.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got my OEM kit with full fibers and stiffer springs from DL700. I love the feel and engagement on the clutch now. Not too stiff either.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
I got 9 fibers from TQS and Ron woods springs. You can replace your half fiber and get some more time out of it, the replace all of em, it will hold a good amount of power too.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
The Tusk clutch full fibers kit and hd springs are cheep and have worked great for me... As for the cam the HC2 is a very good cam. I ran the HC3 in my 770 with 13.25 -1 and it ran great too... ps I do not like the stock piston at all! I pulled the rist pin out of the stock piston at 6500rpm and trashed the motor...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You'll be better off going with OEM clutches, but Hinson will work too. You don't have to replace the basket unless their is obvious signs of wear and tear. The Hotcam stage II is my favorite camshaft for the Raptor 700 because it's friendly towards the valve train and their is a noticeable difference over stock.

270-774-1982
www.kbmatv.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts