Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
FPS730 said:
What was your 60' on those 9.x runs?
I'd guess [email protected]
Unusual to say this coming from running my Cobra at the track, but I bet he is tripping the 60' beam with the rear wheels.

If he runs 8.3 I'm going to have to mod my Cobra some more before I mod the Raptor. I thought my stock Raptor was pretty quick but I didnt think it would run 9's. Sweet. I'll have to threaten a ricer at work with the Raptor if he gets smart again.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'll say 8.7 @ 77.5mph :crazy:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The track didnt open because of sub 40 degree temps so Im gonna have to wait a few more :'(. I was gettin high 1.9x to low 2.0x 60fts depending if I tripped the light with the front or back tires.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Don't forget to repost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
So we should expect some numbers by Sunday evening!! :grin_nod: :p :grin_nod:

·
Registered
350 Posts
cobramn99 said:
FPS730 said:
What was your 60' on those 9.x runs?
I'd guess [email protected]
Unusual to say this coming from running my Cobra at the track, but I bet he is tripping the 60' beam with the rear wheels.

If he runs 8.3 I'm going to have to mod my Cobra some more before I mod the Raptor. I thought my stock Raptor was pretty quick but I didnt think it would run 9's. Sweet. I'll have to threaten a ricer at work with the Raptor if he gets smart again.
I feel ya there man. I tow the raptor behind me in my truck(01' lightning) with a trailer when I head to the 1/8 mile track drop the trailer and hitch setup, get a few runs in and then unload the raptor. Alot of guys laugh a guy going from a 6.6x at 100+ truck to a quad. Then snapping a mid or better 8 sec slip they just :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
There is a track about an hour south of me opening up sunday 8)
My guess. With your HP #'s 8.6x at 72+, depending on your 60'. Its 80% holeshot with these things.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Markcuda said:
Alot of guys laugh a guy going from a 6.6x at 100+ truck
Come on dude, are you trying to tell us that your Lightnig is doing 100 MPH plus in the 1/8 mile? :eek:
Yep. Its an 01' lightning best 1/8 time to date is 6.78 at 104mph off the bottle. It has a 150shot but has never been sprayed but should be good for 6.6x or better. 1/4 best is 10.39 at 129 on only 20#'s of boost. Street tune on 18psi on drag radials its snapped an 11.25 at 119.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, 7 flat is usually around 100 flat and 8 flat is usually around 86 or so. Been drag racing FOR A LONG TIME I HAVE :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
the ford lightning stock is faster then most modded cars,my freinds stock lightning pulled a 13.36 in a 1/4 stock.the other cool thing is that the truck was never dealer prepped so it still had the f-150 bagding on it,no svt bagdes.you always heard people say "whats in that f-150 that makes frie the tires like that" all i could do is smile.lightings are hands down a bad ass pickup truck and yes they are faster than a SRT 10 ram

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
everyone would say the same about my Mach1, (it has the little v-6 ponys on the side) some people think I just did alot of appearance work to a v6 so several times people have told me, "what a pussy, souped' up a v6 hahaha" Then they watch fly past them running mid 12's nearly stock! :nana:

·
Registered
350 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Only because the SRT wont hook worth a damn.
Exactly. Somewhere on streetfire theres a video of me racing the rsi TT srt 10 putting down 1100rwhp. Beat him by almost .4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts