Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are heat shields available for the LTE's??? I want the pipes but not the baked leg to go with it.. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't sure if they sat inside the frame far enough. I think it would look good also... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would think that you would be fine without heatshields unless you have loose leg type riding pants. (the type that go outside of your boot). They flap around in the wind and seem to touch the header. When I ride anything without heatshields, I wear regular style riding pants. Ruined a pair of No Fear Tank Pants. At a $150 a pop....never again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
POUNDSAND said:
Did that come with it or did you have to purchase it or make it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
can anyone tell me what is the advantage of the ceramic coating?

thanks,
Dom

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Machy said:
nothing but looks really, I have stainless and could get them chromed here in town for much cheaper than getting the ceramic on it!
What does the ceramic finish look like?
I'm in the UK, Quads aren't that common, and i've only ever seen 2 sets of LTE's, both of YFZ'z and they were both standard stainless.
I'm looking at LTE's for mine in a few months and have always been curious about the ceramic coating.

Chrome plating in the UK isn't that great compared to the US, not sure why!? My header pipe was chromed by the previous owner but the chrome is peeling badly!?

Dom

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sandfreak said:
Machy said:
they dont come with the exhaust, you have to do it yourself
My set I just got has em.... :grin_nod:
You just got a set of LTE's and they had heat shields?? :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
sandfreak said:
Thats what I said... Heat shield on each of the main header pipes were it runs up buy your led
Pics please

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.