Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
check the main oil leak spots... drain plug, front sprock seal... etc.. hard to tell specificly from this pic...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i made the thead because all i have is the one pic, its not my bike, its a guy that races in my same category, but i didnt race that stage so no idea what happened to him

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Where is the oil coming from? He may have blew his motor and cracked his case by the looks of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can tell you what happened. An F'n ******* strapped a boat gas tank to the 6 pack rack... Look at the bright side, he has good taste in tires ;)

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I'm gonna guess it's an '06 yfz without any oil mod, was riding it hard and probably the bottom end wanted to come apart, but instead of noticing what is engine was doing he just gave it more gas...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
is there a oil mod for the 700's?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
is there a oil mod for the 700's?
+1 PW on no oil mod.

tresspasser, the oil mod he was referring to was on the '04-'06 YFZ's because they had a less than desirable oil squirter, and it was not getting sufficient oil to the wrist pin, causing failure. I think the 700 oil system is quite sufficient, but maybe someone else can say if it isn't?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts