Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I've been really bored with my current riding spots and there really just isnt many people to ride with that I know. So if you're in Illinois post what area you live in and maybe we can make somethin happen!!

I live in waverly, Which is about 30 minutes south of Springfield

P.S.- If this could be stickied it would be awesome thanks guys!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've came through there and seen the entrance to the park, never really stopped in there though, what kinda park is it? tracks? or mostly trails?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump:

·
Registered
220 Posts
there land is 500 acres and they have 1 mx track for dirt bikes 1 small mx track 4 quads 1 practice track for quads and a tt flat track. people might tell you the woods suck but that was like 4yrs ago an they have been working the trails alot this year and are going to stop letting utilitys with 25's or bigger tires on the grounds because that is what fucked up the trails in the first place. you can cover pretty much all the trails in a day. i race on the tt track in the up to 350 class. its $12 per person a day to ride from 8am- whenever it gets dark they have camping $10 tent an i think its $20-25 for rv with electric, they will usually cut you a deal if you are going to be there more than one day. they also want you to buy a ill ohv sticker if you dont have one there $11 for a year most likely they wont ask. i will be there next week for memorial day im staying thursday night till sun morning, so if you wanna come down an ride i can be a guide to show you around the woods an tracks. the best part they have is on the far southside of the grounds that they keep gated during rainy weather so there are hardly any rutts. well let me know whats up i dont know if i left anything out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I had heard that the trails were kinda shitty, but I might have to come
Down, ill let you know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah its family owned an opperated an they have so much shit going on that its hard for them to keep up with everything, but yeah they have been working on getting the trails leveled an have fix alot of them but some are worse than others. not to mention every time it rains hard it floods it out an brings in more debri. heck yeah just let me know if your heading down sometime an me an the guys that i ride with can show you were to ride without getting hung up or suck up to your handle bars, lol. it usually takes about 45 min-1hr to go all around the edge of the grounds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
ow yeah they are preping the tt flat track for us saturday so people can ride on it an see what its like when its actually race preped so if you know of anyone else that might want to come, tell as many people as you can an they will cut you a deal if you are in a group, the tracks are free to ride on i just ment paying to ride.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure if i will be able to this weekend because of my work schedule, What do you ride?

·
Registered
220 Posts
i got a 05 350 raptor widened, lowered motor built. i did everything i possibly could to it like, full skids, nerf bars, sixpack rack, front bumper, every sprocket made for it, cam, piston, jet kit, filter, douglas rims. my buddy has a 04 400ex thats almost spotless its bone stock at the moment but he just bought it from me and is planning on building it. my other buddy has a 2010 yfz450x and a 03ltz400, the 450 is stock but is setup from the factory for the wood, the 400 has holeshots on the rear an nerf bars with heal guards removed, i also just rebuilt the topend on it for him. well yeah were planning on being there thur night to sun.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah memorial day weekend you wouldnt have had a very good time unless you were planing on drinking an partying at camp. it was so fucking wet at southfork, but the flat track was perfect. hey if you want i can let you know bwoodz as soon as all the grounds are dry if you are still wanting to come down an ride.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That'd Be great but i went riding sunday and tore some more shit up :/ I gotta order new intake boots and get them on before i can do any riding haha. and my buddy broke my brand new $125 moose grab bar, first ride on it and he sat on it and broke it off :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:bump:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm about 50 miles south of Chicago. My buddys and I usually go to the badlands; its about an hour and a half south on I65 in Attica, IN. Their website is www.badlandsoffroad.com

They have 800 acres of trails, tracks, mud, creeks, you name it. They used to allow camping not sure if they still do or not. Cool place to go to though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am 45min south of the Chicago. I ride lots of trails in Crete where I live also in Beecher and Glenwood. Id be down to ride in the next week or two if the fields dry up some more or freezes.

I usually take trips to Baldwin MI or Badlands

1 - 20 of 25 Posts