Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here, member, guest, or otherwise, had any MAJOR problems with their raptor? Engine, frame, or other. I find this to be an extremely durable qwad and wonder if yamaha really did do it perfect(is that even possible?) :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
601 Posts
Everything made is gonna have their problems. But their have been no major problems with the raptor. Its damn near perfect in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
All is well...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
They could of done some metal skids from the factory, at least the swingarm one. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Yeh I can think of a few..........

a) The thing crys out to be modded and causes a hole in pocket satisfying the urge.

b) My workload piles up as a result of spending too much time on the internet investigating (a)

c) Alot of my clothes don't fit me anymore cause I've lost a fair bit of weight tear-assing around on the sucker.

d) My 12 sec. streetcar doesn't seem to thrill me as much as it used to.

e) My kids don't think it's cool that their 42 yo Dad is starting to say things like "Its' totally awesome dude"

On a serious note my engine is noisier than I would like. It was diagnosed as having a bit of piston slap @ the 20hr service :wtf:
The problem has been registered prior to modding so if gets worse at any point in the future a top end re-build will be covered under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
bluebeast said:
Has anyone here, member, guest, or otherwise, had any MAJOR problems with their raptor? Engine, frame, or other. I find this to be an extremely durable qwad and wonder if yamaha really did do it perfect(is that even possible?) :eek:
come to think of it, from everything i read (i lurk more then i post) ive never seen some kind of common problem with them (like how mosts things always have there problems)

but yea, they coulda atleast add'd better protection to the machine, like you think they would of add'd skid guards (not the cheap plastic ones) but guess you gotta pay if u wanna play :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
forcefed said:
Yeh I can think of a few..........

a) The thing crys out to be modded and causes a hole in pocket satisfying the urge.

b) My workload piles up as a result of spending too much time on the internet investigating (a)

c) Alot of my clothes don't fit me anymore cause I've lost a fair bit of weight tear-assing around on the sucker.

d) My 12 sec. streetcar doesn't seem to thrill me as much as it used to.

e) My kids don't think it's cool that their 42 yo Dad is starting to say things like "Its' totally awesome dude"
Very funny. I like it. :grin_nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
needs skids, fan bullet connectors need to be snugged (bad connection), headlights are candy, but...... imo the rap 700 is the best all aroung trail sport quad, u can get- i rode yesterday with a bunch of 4x4's and granted, i havent been on the seat that much (took a 15 year break from ridin) but this qaud went pretty much everywhere the 4x4's went!!! i love the raptor 700
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
The aftermarket can make anything great that much better. Skids etc., are easy to install as with just about everything else for the Raptor.
It is a solid foundation built with quality and engineered very well. You can beat the piss out of them and they keep coming back for more.
We have several hours on ours with no problems at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
needs skids, fan bullet connectors need to be snugged (bad connection), headlights are candy, but...... imo the rap 700 is the best all aroung trail sport quad, u can get- i rode yesterday with a bunch of 4x4's and granted, i havent been on the seat that much (took a 15 year break from ridin) but this qaud went pretty much everywhere the 4x4's went!!! i love the raptor 700
Have you ridden an Outlaw 525? It's an awesome trail quad.

I'm not saying it's better than the Rappy, as I have no clue, all I'm saying is that it's a great trail quad. Powerful, too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
1. Mine has a tough time shifting in and out of first and second.( common problem)
2. lights suck
3. tires suck
4. shocks suck

Most can be fixed with after market parts though and the shifting thing is'nt that bad. The latest QUAD has a list of pretty much all quads and their hang ups. Check out the novel of problems for Honda. I cant complain about the performance and craftsmanship of the 700. :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
only problem, its a money pit. more and more things keep coming out for it and i have to keep up.. oh also the front shocks suck so i bought the se shocks and now i am happy as a pig in shit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
only problem, its a money pit. more and more things keep coming out for it and i have to keep up.. oh also the front shocks suck so i bought the se shocks and now i am happy as a pig in shit
Yes it a money pit!! I keep buying the goodies too!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,851 Posts
T-Dog said:
06RAPPY700R said:
only problem, its a money pit. more and more things keep coming out for it and i have to keep up.. oh also the front shocks suck so i bought the se shocks and now i am happy as a pig in shit
Yes it a money pit!! I keep buying the goodies too!! :lol:
Guilty here as well (not as bad as some.. *cough talljess cough*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Krandall said:
T-Dog said:
06RAPPY700R said:
only problem, its a money pit. more and more things keep coming out for it and i have to keep up.. oh also the front shocks suck so i bought the se shocks and now i am happy as a pig in shit
Yes it a money pit!! I keep buying the goodies too!! :lol:
Guilty here as well (not as bad as some.. *cough talljess cough*
just browsing and somehow missed this ...its not a problem I am just fortunate enuff to have a wife with a lot of money to support my addictions... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,851 Posts
Talljess said:
Krandall said:
T-Dog said:
06RAPPY700R said:
only problem, its a money pit. more and more things keep coming out for it and i have to keep up.. oh also the front shocks suck so i bought the se shocks and now i am happy as a pig in shit
Yes it a money pit!! I keep buying the goodies too!! :lol:
Guilty here as well (not as bad as some.. *cough talljess cough*
just browsing and somehow missed this ...its not a problem I am just fortunate enuff to have a wife with a lot of money to support my addictions... :lol:
:lol:

When do we get to hear the latest and greatest from Camp Liberty?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top