·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scary Fast PowerNow
Item no: 2000

Our Price:
$94.99

The Scary Fast POWERNOW™ provides bigger horsepower improvements, greater power at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle for 2-strokes, 4-strokes. Mounted into the backside/airboot side of the carburetor, the Power Now™, slices the single air venturi going into the carburetor into 2 smaller, faster, venturis via the PowerNow™’s ‘Power Plate’. Our trademarked revolutionary Power Plate assists the vacuum of the fast moving air by drawing the fastest moving air molecules through a precisely positioned hole in the plate, drastically increasing the speed of the top and bottom venturis entering the cylinder.

Select a MakeHonda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Polaris

QUAD:
Select a QuadYFZ450 Grizzly Raptor 700 Rhino Blaster Banshee(set of 2) (Add $89.99 )

Select a Year1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
NICK said:
...Mounted into the backside/airboot side of the carburetor, the Power Now™, slices the single air venturi going into the carburetor...
Carburetor :3question: I have read enough. Dont throw your money away on that garbage... Carburetor :lol:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Nope, not yet. It must have just come out for the 700 as they have been saying "coming soon" for the raptor 700 for a long time now.
I might try it out. Makes a difference on some machines. Its speeding up the velocity of the incoming air for the low-mid range.
Heard it didnt make much diff on the yfz.....but we ran one on a WR and it made a big diff.....who knows if it wil work for the 700?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
NICK said:
...Mounted into the backside/airboot side of the carburetor, the Power Now™, slices the single air venturi going into the carburetor...
Carburetor :3question: I have read enough. Dont throw your money away on that garbage... Carburetor :lol:

If you notice, its a general statement for all machines. FI is not the norm yet....not by a long shot. This paragraph wasnt only written for the 700.....
I do think it needs to be changed to read carb/TB.....but who cares

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NICK said:
Scary Fast PowerNow
Item no: 2000

Our Price:
$94.99

The Scary Fast POWERNOW™ provides bigger horsepower improvements, greater power at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle for 2-strokes, 4-strokes. Mounted into the backside/airboot side of the carburetor, the Power Now™, slices the single air venturi going into the carburetor into 2 smaller, faster, venturis via the PowerNow™’s ‘Power Plate’. Our trademarked revolutionary Power Plate assists the vacuum of the fast moving air by drawing the fastest moving air molecules through a precisely positioned hole in the plate, drastically increasing the speed of the top and bottom venturis entering the cylinder.

Select a MakeHonda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Polaris

QUAD:
Select a QuadYFZ450 Grizzly Raptor 700 Rhino Blaster Banshee(set of 2) (Add $89.99 )

Select a Year1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
Where did you find this at? Scarynow still says "coming soon" :crazy:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one of these. I wonder where you you would place them on the 700? Or how complicated it would be? I might just have to try one out sometime.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I am going to try one. thanks for the link!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Boom if you get one of them before me tell me how you like it. And if i get one before you i will let you know my opinion on it. Nick thanks for the link also.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Umm there is a big difference in how air and fuel mix in a FI as compared to carb… ::) That is why people continue to waist money on throttle body spacers in FI cars when they only really help engines with throttle body injectors or carburetors. This reminds me of those tornado things that also don’t do anything for a FI engine and that is why it makes a difference to me.
I will believe it when I see real number by a non bias party, so if you want to prove me wrong show me some numbers. If it really works I will buy two :crazy: , but I am not too worried about it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah...I here ya, so I went the forced induction "eaton" route on my tacoma! BUT, the difference between cars and out quads is there is NO mass airflow sensor in our intake tube. There is nothing there measuring how fast the air is coming in.
The fact of the matter is, you increase the velocity of incoming air and its only going to help. Just like PP work or anything else. The difference is, in a car, its all being metered and measured at the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and altering something like the intake tube size or using one of those TB spacers can actually cause loss in power due to the MAF be calibrated for certain perameters.
I understand what your saying....totally....but dont think it applies to the 700's. Maybe I am wrong....but I dont have a reason to think it wont work.... :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 ..................What do you think.......anything to add that I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so with this do you think you'll need to adjust your maping? i think i read in an article in dirwheels or quad about 1 being put on the ltr 450 and they said they could really feel the throttle responce difference, and for 100$ if i can get some better responce then i can see it as a good thing, i dunno much about those tech things your all talking about,so i'll see what you all think 1st..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
****************UPDATE********************

DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got done talking to scary fast about the powernow. They discontinued it because it wasnt making enough of a difference! I guess their R&D people tested it and found that the stock system was doing just as good of a job.....which is good to hear.
SO, I just saved $100!

I like that they took if off the shelve because of there results. A lot of companies would just keep selling them....like the "tornado's" and "power aid TB spacers".

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
135boom said:
pile0g00 ..................What do you think.......anything to add that I am not thinking of?
Looks like you got it figured out. I did not have anything to add, still thought it was not going to help. Glad no one wasted $100 on that. :thumbsup:
I agree that quads and car engines are different, but saw no benefit to a product like that in a fuel injected engine, car or quad. Lets just be glad they were honest, like you said.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah....no kiddin! haha

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
way to do your research boom, thanks alot.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
These things dont work! I put one in my explorer that I bought on ebay for like $19. They claim Hp increase as well as higher MPG. BS!!!!!!!!!! :slap:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts