Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if any one out there is running a diffrent type of fuel injector I heard if you have mods and get a diffrent fuel injector with a diffrent spray pattern you can gain some ponies is this a mith or what
What aftermarket companies are offering an after market fuel injector?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Are you talking an actual aftermarket fuel injector or something that controlls the fuel amount for situations like when you add aftermarket exh and stuff? If your talking about an actuall new injector then I am unaware of one yet. Doesnt mean it isnt out there yet I just havent seen or heard of it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im searching for one so I can put my turbo back on. I maxed the stock injector out. If you find a source, let me know.

·
Registered
562 Posts
kelly at kms in arizona has a bunch of diffrent sizes/ hes tried diffrent ones and says it dont do any good/ that was a month ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Give Terry at GeisickPerformance.com a call. I don't think they have them listed on their website, but I know they have several sizes of injectors in stock.

I don't know if spray pattern will give any noticable increase power but the stock injectors are pretty easy to max out on duty cycle, which is not a good thing to do for several reasons. Another big advantage of a larger injector is the ability to run methanol, turbos, and othe rmods that require a lot more fuel....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I heard of someone putting on a subaru impreza fuel injector on there bike! i dont know if the injector had to be modified of if it worked or maybe he was just smoking too much weed :lol:, but it may be a lead to follow up??

·
Registered
281 Posts
honda eater said:
Give Terry at GeisickPerformance.com a call. I don't think they have them listed on their website, but I know they have several sizes of injectors in stock.

I don't know if spray pattern will give any noticable increase power but the stock injectors are pretty easy to max out on duty cycle, which is not a good thing to do for several reasons. Another big advantage of a larger injector is the ability to run methanol, turbos, and othe rmods that require a lot more fuel....
I called GeisickPerformance this morning and talked to them about the injectors. They have a few different choices depending on application. They were very good to work with and I just ordered a larger injector. They have them custom built to work on the Raptor, so it's not just a renamed Bosch or Denso injector. I'll keep everyone informed when it arrives and see if I can snap some pics.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
gofast68 said:
honda eater said:

I called GeisickPerformance this morning and talked to them about the injectors. They have a few different choices depending on application. They were very good to work with and I just ordered a larger injector. They have them custom built to work on the Raptor, so it's not just a renamed Bosch or Denso injector. I'll keep everyone informed when it arrives and see if I can snap some pics.

I was talking to Terry the other day, he's seems like a good egg and is very willing to share info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
gofast68 said:
honda eater said:

Thanks for the info guys. Im calling Gieseck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey glamis just remember if you get that big injector even though you got the pc3 i will NOT compensate for fuel when boost starts to go in. even though you will have a big inj. they are rated at the certain cc at usually 43.5psi fuel rail pressure max. the stock yamaha is rated at 46psi. so the injector regardless what you put in is gonna be above max duty cycle. im working on that right now geisick is the guy with injectors but he still has to test the 750cc injector he wants to run in a alcohol setup to see how they work. your gonna have to modify the fuel system as im doing right now. i was guided by the guy that builds the fireball hayabusa on that.. but its gonna work ill try to post some pics finally got software to upload pics on to the computer. good luck to all.. see you guys at 4sw's race#2 dumont

1 - 11 of 11 Posts