Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im not possitive on the name of the place, but im from ny and guys at my work reffer to it as "up north" i think its in a town called boonvile? near/ or in the anderondaks. they have like 300 miles of ridding area, you can ride on the roads up there and everything. the guy at my work own some property up there and he was telling me they have sand pits and all.

Well im gonna be goin up in may at some point, and wondering if anyone rides there or knows of the place? it would be cool to meet up and ride cause the guys that are goin all mostly have 4x4's, ive got one buddy to go he has a artic cat ___ 400, so im gonna need some raptors around lol

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I've heard of Booneville, I think thats where the sled riders go maybe ??

I'm back home now and the weather sucks here !! :mad:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the guy at work said in the winter, sleds use it and in summer its for atvs, i know they give out maps up there cause its big, and theres huge windmills my friend was saying

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I did a Mapquest, its sort of north of the Utica area off RT 12 it looks like... 8)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know theres a place up there thats a food place, and u can just unload your toys there and leave from there. theres a site for it ill see if i can find it

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The place up north where they ride is called Tug Hill, and its in/near Boonvile NY

Anyone go, or intrested?

ill see if i can find pics and more info

·
Registered
40 Posts
do a search for tug hill wheelers or riders or try tug hill atv.from what i have read we may need a trail pass to ride up there DEC can eh holes some times.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, will do (keep running outta time :lol: )

i know last year when my friend went (i didnt have the raptor by the time they went) he didnt have to pay or anything, but maybe it changed?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Tug Hill I do know of, that is a spot for sleds.....I did not know about quads.. :3question:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big Mike said:
Tug Hill I do know of, that is a spot for sleds.....I did not know about quads.. :3question:
yeah, summer time its for atvs and in winter its for the sleds. i made a post on this snowmobile forum and asked about the place, and some chick that lives in boonvile told me its called tug hill, its the place that has all the wind turbines there.

they gave me a few sites to check out to get more info from just havnt had enough time to check them out, dial up sucks :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, check out the Tug Hill club. The ATV trails up there are a tad harder to find. A ton of sled trails are closed to 4 wheelers and the DEC patrols big time. Barnes Corners is a main starting point, but you should have your ducks in a row before leaving the house. Be in the wrong place/road/trail at the wrong time and the DEC hauls your baby off and holds it for a $500 ransom. No joke! :'( They have special haulers just for that purpose.

Now on a lighter note... anyone who wanders up that way and figures out the scoop should let us know. I might even end up there this year, but I going with seasoned verterans. I'll share also when the time comes.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curly said:
Yeah, check out the Tug Hill club. The ATV trails up there are a tad harder to find. A ton of sled trails are closed to 4 wheelers and the DEC patrols big time. Barnes Corners is a main starting point, but you should have your ducks in a row before leaving the house. Be in the wrong place/road/trail at the wrong time and the DEC hauls your baby off and holds it for a $500 ransom. No joke! :'( They have special haulers just for that purpose.

Now on a lighter note... anyone who wanders up that way and figures out the scoop should let us know. I might even end up there this year, but I going with seasoned verterans. I'll share also when the time comes.
yeah im goin up when the guys from work go up (they know the place, and the one owns property on the mt.) when i find out when were goin up ill make a new thread and maybe others will wanna go

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats why i why they want you to buy the trail pass,from what i understand they are opening the sled trails to wheelers to make up for lost income from the shitty winters with no snow.the people that live up depend on sledders for there income,so basiclly no snow ,no money and your hurting and hopin for an early winter.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Never ridden the main roads up there but the state troopers will pull you over if you're on the wrong road or going over the posted limit. Need to know where you can and cant go if you're gonna ride the roads. Pretty sure the road laws are only for Lewis County.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts