Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great Forum,I am from South Africa and need some advise from you guys. I need to upgrade my wifes 660, only top end.Can someone please give me some advise on what to do. I am going to install a Wiseco piston and 2 stage cam , what else do I have to upgrade, and carb settings. At this stage the quad have a slip on and 145/150 jetting,pilot 2 and quarter turn , closed airbox , standard filter. Thanks:help:

Something else , I cleaned both our 660s carbs the other day and after I re-installed them , the feul keep on dripping from the overflow pipes, I did the cleartube mod as well , every thing seems fine, please help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
quadtorque.co.za
pm Freez on the forum....he is the top dog in SA regarding this...;)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Great Forum,I am from South Africa and need some advise from you guys. I need to upgrade my wifes 660, only top end.Can someone please give me some advise on what to do. I am going to install a Wiseco piston and 2 stage cam , what else do I have to upgrade, and carb settings. At this stage the quad have a slip on and 145/150 jetting,pilot 2 and quarter turn , closed air box , standard filter. Thanks:help:

Something else , I cleaned both our 660s carbs the other day and after I re-installed them , the fuel keep on dripping from the overflow pipes, I did the clear tube mod as well , every thing seems fine, please help.
Leaking needles and seats in the carbs, or you have the fuel level adjusted to high in the carb bowls.............

·
Registered
622 Posts
Great Forum,I am from South Africa and need some advise from you guys. I need to upgrade my wifes 660, only top end.Can someone please give me some advise on what to do. I am going to install a Wiseco piston and 2 stage cam , what else do I have to upgrade, and carb settings. At this stage the quad have a slip on and 145/150 jetting,pilot 2 and quarter turn , closed airbox , standard filter. Thanks:help:

Something else , I cleaned both our 660s carbs the other day and after I re-installed them , the feul keep on dripping from the overflow pipes, I did the cleartube mod as well , every thing seems fine, please help.
The cam and piston will get u the top end that you want plus some,,,,

What I suggest which will be better off is get exhaust and a prodesign k&n airfliter and rejet
That will also give you the top end your looking for plus better throttle response

It may be time for you to rebuild your carbs I had to once my carbs tubes started to leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts