Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. my raptor is currently parked atm so im riding my friends yfz450... this thing is super uncomfortable due to the hard and narrow seat and its in comfortable to stand up and ride as well since im a taller guy and the yfz shits hair lower... are there any cheap products out there that can help with this? Or are there any kind of setups I can temporarily do.. I don't want to adjust the spring on the rear shock or buy a new seat or anything like that since its not my machine.... I ride through the trails really quick and there's alot of big ruts and uneven hard pack terrain... so any help from y'all would be appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump I know u guys have some secrets

·
Registered
240 Posts
Squats & Pushups....

J/K man get a handlebar riser then put it on your Raptor when its running again...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squats & Pushups....

J/K man get a handlebar riser then put it on your Raptor when its running again...
+1 on the squats and pushups haha... Nah but I don't need the risers on my raptor cause its comfy when I stand and ride... that damn yfz though to me is shitty on trail rides.. I love it on the mx track though =)

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Comparing oranges with apples. The Raptor is better suited for trail riding. A piece of foam rapped around the seat with some tape should help. But really all i see is you bitting the bullet for the time being. You cant play with any settings because it aint yours i guess thats pretty much it. The foam on the seat will help. And for those ruts cant you just whillie them at a fast pace? Thats all i could see you doing to it for the time being sorry i cant be more help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comparing oranges with apples. The Raptor is better suited for trail riding. A piece of foam rapped around the seat with some tape should help. But really all i see is you bitting the bullet for the time being. You cant play with any settings because it aint yours i guess thats pretty much it. The foam on the seat will help. And for those ruts cant you just whillie them at a fast pace? Thats all i could see you doing to it for the time being sorry i cant be more help.
I pretty much am doing that now... I go over em fast so its lets harsh.. but it also doesnt help the guy has 23" tires upfront and 20" in the back.. hes a flat track racer so Im thinkin thats hurting a little as well.... good idea with the foam.. might have to make a ghetto style hump seat lmao

I miss my Raptor =(

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Oh i can imagine your missing it, i would too. Now tell me whats wrong with tha rappy? I hope you can ride it soon and show your bud why he should have a rappy LOL Braaaapppp see ya sucker LOL.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh i can imagine your missing it, i would too. Now tell me whats wrong with tha rappy? I hope you can ride it soon and show your bud why he should have a rappy LOL Braaaapppp see ya sucker LOL.
My raptors engine ran out of oil due to a cracked ring and before I knew about it it was too late.. it was burning oil faster than I could fill it...

and idk about that ;ast part.. his YFZ is faster than my raptor.. he has the big bore kit on that thing and it outruns my dads DRZ400 dirtbike lmao but god the Raptor is cadalliac through the woods man

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
My raptors engine ran out of oil due to a cracked ring and before I knew about it it was too late.. it was burning oil faster than I could fill it...

and idk about that ;ast part.. his YFZ is faster than my raptor.. he has the big bore kit on that thing and it outruns my dads DRZ400 dirtbike lmao but god the Raptor is cadalliac through the woods man
You should try to make it out to CAW with us tomorrow.
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79371

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
purchase a taller stem, it will fit on your raptor also. carbureted yfz450 and raptor 700 have the same spline.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts