Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a friend who wants to buy new quad for Stunting. He is leary about the 700 b/c he has heard rumors about the 06 having "valve train" problems. has ANYONE heard or experienced any known problems with the 700?

This quad is going to have its front wheels off the ground for many many hours practicing for stunt shows.
Slow wheelies.

Can anyone think of any reason the 700 shouldn't be used a stunt quad. maybe throttle is too sensitive?

His previous quad was a Suzuki 400, which was stolen and he's thinking of getting another suzuki.

Thank you for any input you might have.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
The best thing that your friend can do is get on here and read some past topics. There has not been any that i know of but that not saying that there have been none. There has been a few minor probelms with the raptor but no more than any other manufacturer. It is a good bike.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I concur! I have done a lot of research and the only things that I have seen as a negative for the raptors are simple things like a loose conection for fans and things. Haven't seen any major issues on anything.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you are doing soley stunts, I would highly recomend the yfz!

·
Registered
841 Posts
If u want a "stunt" quad get a 400ex, Ive been in the stunt scene (streetbikes myself) for about 3 years and Honda, bike or quad, is the way to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
How many 400ex's you see doing back flips......uh huh.

You still need power for a lot of these stunts.....and the 400ex dont have it. the yfz has a good balance and its characteristics in the air are awesome!
You know.....I really havnt even seen a trx do a back flip yet?

Honda street bikes are awesome....thats all I have owned....but I dont see what makes them any better than yamaha, kawi, or suz?

ha ha....on second thought, perhaps you should get a raptor 350 for stunts.....they seem good for that..... :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
135boom said:

You still need power for a lot of these stunts.....and the 400ex dont have it. the yfz has a good balance and its characteristics in the air are awesome!

Honda street bikes are awesome....thats all I have owned....but I dont see what makes them any better than yamaha, kawi, or suz?

ha ha....on second thought, perhaps you should get a raptor 350 for stunts.....they seem good for that..... :lol: :thumbsup:
I could be wrong but I think he's talking about ground stunts like over the bar wheelies and the like, not big aerials.

·
Registered
283 Posts
135boom said:

He wants to do Stunts, not freestyle. Any decent sport quad can be a stunt quad, you just gotta learn its balance points, Hell, ive seen banshees do whellies for miles.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
oh......guess it depends on what your doing.

I use to ride 5th gear wheelies at approx 75-80mph on my yfz for about 1 mile on some long straight country roads.
My days of 5th gear wheelies are gone now that I have the 700......but I can still get it to come up in 4th.....and with the 15T I bet its going almost that fast..........

Pretty much anything with good brakes and good power are going to work for ground stunts......I would still go with a YFZ for horse'en around like that.....but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yeah Im not talkin about some 80mph wheelies, any person on here can do that, thats not talent....Also not talkin about any kind of jump, backflip, etc. slow idle wheelies, highchairs, seat standers, special k's, 12 oclocks, watchtowers...slow shit! no real hp needed! the 400 is the way to go. you can beat the shit out of a Honda, it will take it and come back for more, as for the 700 in my opnion for stuntin its to fragile needs to be more durable. As for the comment on the Raptor 350, its does rather well for this also :thumbsup:

Now streetbike wise, Honda F4i (aka F4easy) ownes the stunt scene, the second choice would be the Kawi 636 (not recommended to start out with being that they are fragile also, rearsets, frame,motor, etc. pretty much the whole bike) I blew 2 motors in mine in a year and a half they just cant take the abue of higher idle stuff, but with some prep work can be made into a bad ass stunt bike. Both bike are known as circle machines which is the big thing in the stunt world right now

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
Yeah Im not talkin about some 80mph wheelies, any person on here can do that, thats not talent....
:wtf:
Umm, I can tell you this, I can't do an 80mph wheelie.... I bet theres more on here that can't do it either.... I'd say that takes some talent... :sherlock:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
quote "Yeah Im not talkin about some 80mph wheelies, any person on here can do that, thats not talent....Also not talkin about any kind of jump, backflip, etc. slow idle wheelies, highchairs, seat standers, special k's, 12 oclocks, watchtowers...slow shit! no real hp needed! the 400 is the way to go. you can beat the shit out of a Honda, it will take it and come back for more, as for the 700 in my opnion for stuntin its to fragile needs to be more durable. As for the comment on the Raptor 350, its does rather well for this also "

hi stunt punk, i'm not mad at anything you said, just wondering..... what about the 700 would be to "Fragile" for slow wheelies and slow stunting????

and i kinda disagree with the 80 mph wheelie...i'm sure there is a tiny amount of talent to do them, i know a lot of people on here and my friends that can't even wheelie yet, i havn't had room to bust a 80 mph wheelie yet. but i sure will try, i can do 3rd and 4th just fine. but i havn't done a 5th yet..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ok I take that back "once you learn how to do any kinda wheelie" you WILL realize it dont take much, as with anything when you can do it your like WTF but once you learn ur like "thats not shit"....a wheelie is a wheelie 100+ mph to 5-10mph (lower speeds just use more rear brake and a lil higher BP)

And as far as the 700 for stuntin, maybe fragile was the wrong word, but why would you wanna stunt a 6-7000$ bike :3question:.....like anything you "stunt" you will beat the shit out of it and rag it out, some bikes just take a better beating then others and the better bike to do what you wanna do is thousands cheaper, spend that extra money you save on parts when you brake em :lol:....if you dont do motor work when you blow or screw up the motor on the 700 (which is what started this post in the first place, something about the valve train), think of the money you will shell out to have it repaired, and not everyone being able to afford the 700, parts are more rare then say a Honda 400, which is why in the stunt world you dont see many (if any) people riding Ducatis or even Buells.....When it comes to stunting and beating on anything think of every angle of the situation....Not even sure if any of this goes with the point on hand, sry for gettin off topic here dont mean to basterize this thread ;)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
it's cool, no one's mad i don't think, just wondernig what you meant, and you have many great points..just came out a little differnt so it's all good, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
NICK said:
it's cool, no one's mad i don't think, just wondernig what you meant, and you have many great points..just came out a little differnt so it's all good, :thumbsup:
Cool, just giving my opnion....I know how it is to beat a bike to death, think Im on my 5th or 6th one now in 3 years:lol: when it come to streetbikes I push em to the limit :grin_nod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts