Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know it is off the subject a little.......
How many others have bought Yamaha's second best product?

If you have small kids, this might be the best thing you ever buy. 4 seat cage and rear bench are coming soon but it is a lot easier to lead a train of small kids in this with mom watching everyone than on the 700.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My friend just bought one and its a blast. He put in a stereo so we can cruise that thing all day. Throw a cooler full of beer and sandwiches and your set all day. :thumbsup:

I'd get one myself if it wasnt for the price tag. :eek:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had a deposit on a Silver SE but reniged on it. Waiting to see the RZR and hopefully Yamaha will counter with something along those lines.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryans Roostin Raptor said:
I hate side-by-sides ever since the last organized trail ride we went on....they hung up on everthing and bottlenecked the trails really bad. The trails were too much for them. I still get steamed thinking about that day.
Yeah, I could see where one might slow the traffic down a bit. We live in the desert where it is wide open and passing is real easy. I don't think I would want to plan a ride with sport quads while I was in the Rhino though. It only took a week for me to what was necessary to make it run 60mph with two people in it. I played with the piggyback shocks and got it just right for running through the desert at 45 or so. This thing amazes me everytime I take it off road.
It is street legal so mommah runs her errands in it. She can fit a weeks worth of groceries in the back of it and the mileage is better than my truck around town (18mpg).
With the stock tires aired down, I went everywhere in the dunes that my 700 went; just a little slower. I did carry refreshments though!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen them in Glamis with a large plastic bag lining the bed full of beer and ice. He was also pulling an old lazy boy strapped to two water skiis with a half naked lady kissing another half naked lady. Good times.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm hoping that the 08's have the 700FI motor & maybe PS from the Grizz. The new RZR looks promising too, but the back doesn't look to have enough room for back seats. We'll see, I hope to buy something this Fall.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I thought about all that stuff too but in the end; I wanted to have fun now- not next year. My kids are not getting any younger etc., etc. I can come up with excuse after excuse but the truth is, I have no self control. I like toys...........

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my sport edition about a month ago with 3 very nice beard racing seats and a new full cage w/cooler rack. Kids can't stop screaming while strapped in. I too wanted to wait for FI/700 but couldn't, said F#$% it, loaded up with extras and am having a blast (raptor doesn't work well in 12" snow) Its funny how once you have something, you wonder why you didn't get it sooner :eek: That applies more to this rhino than anything I have ever bought. Two friends of mine are both now getting one after taking them for a ride. There is a reason they are so popular. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh yeah, I have no self control either, none whatsoever, but is cool cause ya only live once, right? Or at least thats what i tell the old lady ;) :grin_nod:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have not seen it. Dad has the prowler though, I thought it was fun till I rode in rhino

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
my dad got one, it's a blast to drive and has alot of power! also love the ride too, ride is better than any atv i have been on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
My friend got one and I've driven it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I had fun than I expected. Now the wif wants one. ;) :grin_nod: I was hoping the 07's were going to be EFI. :mad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
headingnorth said:
I could buy a pretty nice 4 or 5 seat sand car for that kind of money! I guess if I had money to burn, why not?
Yup. I thought about the Rhino once I saw them, and before I was committed to the 07 Raptor. The Rhino is going to spearhead a whole new, fun, capable class of offroad vehicles.

Very capable, and for those that don't like the side x side on the trails, keep in mind these are not the typical utility side x side, and they will only get more capable as this end of the market grows. I see a 1500cc unit soon... 8)

But, once I realized just how much freakin' money all the parts, etc, cost, I had an epiphany...I already have an '03 Jeep! :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts