Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at putting headlights on her since I purchased it without any.... I hear I should go the Trail-Tech route... well I was just wondering if anybody has pictures of them installed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOw do you like them compared to the stocks? Are they really 3X Brighter?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes! Much much brighter than stock. I'd suggest soldering everything though. Mine blink off every now and then and I have to shut them off for a few seconds, then turn them back on. I'm hoping it's a bad crimp or something. That is my only complaint about them and that might just be operator error.

I obviously have the bar mount ones. I have Renthal bars and had to take the pad off the bars and roll them back a little to clear the lights.

The third shot is of the stock (misaligned) high beams.

Fourth shot is the HIDs in action. The light is much whiter. The stockers look yellow next to the HIDs. These pictures don't really do them justice.

Dirty bike. I know, I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
disco, did you have to get a high output strator. because i added two 55 watt lights to the front of mine and i cant run my stocks and those at the same time or it drains my battery. if so which one did you get and from where.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I did get a high output stator. I think it came from Ricky Stator but I don't remember off hand. I don't really need it yet but I plan on getting more lights. My lights didn't come with a switch or anything so I just rewired my lights so my "low" setting runs the brights and the "high" runs the HIDs.

Just remembered, at night the wheelies look really cool with the HIDs. The spot beam is really focused and just goes forever with the nose in the air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i like mine but i find that with the big DG bumper u gotta paint it black or else u get a pritty good shine back in your eyes.. and ya sotter everything.. all the wires broke off mine and i even broke a couple bulbs so grab a few spare bulbs too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts