Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ya, im out riding today and next thing I know I have a small stream of coolant spraying me right in the face. So I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to fix this, short of having to buy a new radiator. O ya heres a few pictures my girl shot of me down in our woods. Hopefully soon I will have some dirt jumps on our track.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I think they make a putty that comes in a little tube at like your local auto store or you could try jb weld or some other kind of epoxy, I wouldnt try the egg, tubes in raptor radiator are a little small and I dont think I want a egg in my coolant.

·
Registered
299 Posts
bummer man :(

but this is where we need to know more info on where the hole is on the radiator
small holes/cracks on the top and bottom res can usually be brazed (butane torch and brass rod)
if its a hole in the core... its a tougher operation probbly left to a expeirenced rad repair shop
(usually consists of removing top and bottom resevor and weldin (brazing in most cases) the affected tubes closed at both ends)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I think its called Bar's that makes the stuff in the tube.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
DO NOT USE THE BARS PELLETS OR ANYONE ELSE'S PELLETS FOR THAT MATTER!!! they will screw you whole cooling system up 90% of the time....look for a clear tube with silver powder inside it.....its called ALUMASEAL....Wal Mart has it for like 2 bucks and its great stuff....works miracles

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Look at a parts store, maybe acklands or napa. It's called devcon and I believe it's specially made for alluminum. I used it on the neck of an old yami enduro and it held for 4 years, probably still going!! lol. Biggest issue is cleaning the area to be repaired.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
call up your local radiator shop and have it brazed, had it happen to mine. You don't want to start throwing a bunch of crap in your radiator (cooling system). Its bound to fail sooner or later and is contigency to get someone to a radiator shop in the event that it does happen. It ran me $40, a little steep, but it was pressured tested as well to make sure the weld would hold.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
or it sounds like you might have a good excuse to spring for a Fluidyne or PWR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.