Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess maybe Sweetquads is a ghost of a place... No wheels after a week and a day. No one answers the phone either... all I want is the tracking number. Just curious if others have had the same result? :3question:

price was right though. :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sweetquads is a thirdparty dealer, meaning they usually don't have the merchandise in house and they don't ship the product, so they won't have a tracking number for you. The best way to contact them is via email. they get a lot of people looking for tracking numbers so i'm sure they get fed up with it after a while. If you want a tracking number you are going to have to contact the company that ships it, most likely the manufacturer of the product.

Don't worry though, Tom at sweetquads isn't out to steal your money, you'll get what you ordered.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe that's a problem then. I wouldn't bother with the tracking number except that UPS delivers in 5 days or less to pretty much any place in the US. I have a business too and I buy and ship constantly so I am very familiar with their schedules.

There's almost nothing more aggrevating then being left in the dark followed up with nobody to contact. I doubt the vendor would appreciate a reseller's customers hounding them either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, what a deal! He finally gave me the money back. No notice, no word, no returned phone calls, nothing!

I spoke with Hiper today (wow nice people!) and they didn't even have an order for me. They did recall Sweetquads inquiry about the wheels I want though. (last week)

Here's what I found out:
Basically he gave me a lowball price... which by the way is on his web site because that's how I ordered. He discounts 10% for forum members too. So I bought and paid for all 4 wheels. Well as it turns out his price is WRONG and over a $100 less than he would have to pay for them. (I want 9x9, 3+6 offset which are... BAM.. $100 more) So instead of telling me, or just being a man and sucking it up, he blows me off for a week! :eek:

What a fiasco!

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i'm not one to flame, but i had a similar problem, it seems as soon as the money is transfered, i was left in the dark as well, not very professional, i left server PM's and email's finally got it resovled but without any forewarning... :eek:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
That sucks guys. I bought my duals through Tom and it did take a while to get em' but LTE was on the East coast for a show... like the day I ordered they left. I called LTE direct for any issues... Tom paid them so the blame lies with LTE, right? I called Tom about a spocket too, he was super busy and didn't return my call, so I called again a week later, same thing. He sent me the sprocket for free! Sounds like a little website glitch to me... it sucks that you are the one that gets the short end of the stick, but if you were gonna lose your ass on a deal you'd back out too. You did get a refund, and a 10% discount.... don't sound all that bad too me. Did you offer to ante up the extra $$$ before you got a refund? I still think 10% off is a sweet deal, I'd be interested to hear if you find a better one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also ordered thru him, I heard nothing for a month. and after an e-mail and call, I had my stuff 6 days later.
Im not flaming anyone. But It took several weeks after the order. Satified with the price and product.
Time wise was a bit long to receive items.

Robe

·
Registered
237 Posts
wow, good thing I read this thread... So wheres a good place to order from?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i had a very similar experience... but i did get my order a month later, because he never sent my order to hmf. the sad part is the hmf factory is only and hour from my home and still had to wait a month, dont wanna bash sweet quads but he need to clean his shit up.... also he said because i had to wait so long he was gonna give some money back... what do you know i never saw it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.