Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://respro.com/racing.php
http://u2sportmask.com/

I'm thinking about getting one of these things to run with my MX open face helmet in the spring/summer/fall. Some trails get kind of dusty and my buddies and I always roost it up in front of one another...eat my dust literally! just curious if anyone has one of these or similar and if they work well and are comfortable for more then a few hours of riding.

thanks!
MK

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i use the 15 dollar type from the surplus store, it keeps you from havin the brown grille from eatin dust,it also keeps you from havin the crunchies while eatin it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
That second one dont look too bad, probably gets hot though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I caught a rock just under my nose last trip, it frikken hurt! I'm looking into something like that too now. They do look hot though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use the Wal-Mart ones and man do they save me here in Arizona from developing rocks in my nose. They're cheap enough that I use a couple a week,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Damn dude, forget the nose piece. How bout a knee guard? That is your knee right. :eek: Ouch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A forrest ranger ran me over at Reddington Pass near Tucson. Only remember parts of the whole ordeal. To make it short I woke up six months later. Everyone said that I was talking but seemed a little out of it (Guess drooling on myself gave it away. hehe). My head was used to stop my bike once it hit the front of his truck. (F350 Diesel vs Raptor) Took a good 9 months to recover or tell you my name. :) It was one hell of a ride, and you should see the other leg and body parts. I'd post picks of the wreck but its a little gross. Forrest Ranger was so freaked out that he just called a helipcopter since I surpassed his medic skills. :eek: All in all I still ride and love the outdoors but it was hard getting back on. Gotta luv that Raptor addiction.....Almost feel like I should start a thread on it. Peace out time to wrench....

·
Registered
596 Posts
damn and thought a couple broken ribs and 10 weeks recovery was bad...........GODDDDD DAMNNNNNN. glad to see your doin aight

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is good to hear, I am going to order one for riding this season, hmm, maybe I should order one for my friend...as he'll be eating my dust now lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You ride a fullface or flip-up? I just bought a Nolan N102E flip up for weekend trailrides, see how that goes(Looks kinda weird riding an ATV with these kinds of helmets but who gives a ...). Can't beat the MX helmets for competition though, goggles with tearoffs. The second mask looks good, might buy one for the MX helmet, do you guys think it'll fit under it?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use my HKC full face snowmobile helmet with electric visor for when it gets cold....and trust me, in Ontario Canada, it gets cold!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts