Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about getting trinity stage IV but can't find any reviews please post any pros and cons and performnace specs on it and pics.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
if your gonna spend big money id go with barkers duals. plus i heard the trinitys sound weird, like they have a bird in it. they whistle,

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought mine before I ever even knew about this forum, so I had little to go on when making my decision as well.
My original instincts told me to go with HMF (the one I knew would be good all-around) or Yoshimura (since they're known to perform on similar sized street bike motors) or Curtis Sparks / CT (known for crazy power gains and expandability).
Well, I saw Trinity's ad and went with them on looks, ad claims, future expandability, good price, and just to be different.

Price = 8)
I paid $450 (pipes+shipment :thumbsup:) for the pipes, but they got their money back when I went with their EFI controller. It's not necessary to go with their $250 pre-programmed controller if you can tune a $180 Dobeck to spec. (wish I'd known that before)
at the time I was comparing price it was something like HMF $480 P+S, Yosh $505 P+S, CT $580 P+S

Installation = :mad:
they're tricky to line up the way you want since they're not one-way bolt on...
I took a long time to get mine line up to where they clear the clutch line bracket AND clear my rear plastic. and there's still a leak at the joint.
I was told to let the exhaust heat settle the joint together, still not happenin
I was told to get a pipe expander, no luck finding one that fits

Sound = :brick:
Loud, but a clean kind, not obnoxious. A good roar... until you let off the throttle, then it chirps

Performance = :burnout:
you can look at the header design and pretty well tell it's a bottom-mid performer.
throttle response becomes so instantaneous, it's ridiculous... it scares my friends, and I myself barely have control over it. I need a steering stabilizer because of what bumps/roots do to my steady hold on the throttle.
after the rush of power from the bottom, she's at home hanging on in the mid-range, great starts in a drag or at the bottom of the hill, she overpowers every obstacle
after feeling all that, you kinda wonder what happened to the top end, why doesn't it offer the same thrill as the mid range?
but the overall power made me change my mind about going to a big bore in the future, I do aggressive trail riding, and going BB would just be shooting a squirrel with a bazooka :rocket:

If I were to do it all over again, I do believe I would have gone with the Yoshi based on similar performance claims and better sound and better fit and finish, or the CT based on their rep for monster systems.

cha-ching
my .02

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would spend the extra $$ and buy the quiet core or a real good set of ear plugs :puke:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a shop machine the inside of the end cap of my trinity and that took care of the chirp. BTW I love my trinity and would buy the system again

·
Registered
101 Posts
would the chirp go away if you put the quiet core in?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I forgot to mention earlier, that you will also need deep pockets for the "over allowed db" tickets you are going to get :eek: :bs:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I've had the Trinity for 4 months now and love it. The chirp is there but it's not that bad. I/m used to it. I just installed the quiet core and it made a huge difference in sound. Not sure how it'll affect the performance yet but I'll know this weekend. Mine bolted on in about 15 minutes with no hassles at all, perfect fit. A touch of hi-temp silicone at the joint sealed it up nice and I just did that from experience. I run their EFI controller and intake also and am impressed with all.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you or have you had a leak at the joint in the midsection 2 into 1. I have shimmed and compressed all diff ways but I can't get rid of that leak :mad:. I have heard that over time they will expand and close the gap :crazy: Then what happens when they cool again :confused:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I used hi-temp silicone from the start and it's good to go. Wasn't in the instructions but I'd had to do that with other bikes so I just did it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was super impressed with mine. Very easy installation and mad low and mid gains with some top :thumbsup:I actally like the way it sounds.Just my .02c. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Ok, I got a really good deal on it so I have the Trinity installed now. The chirping is there, and kind of annoying, but not THAT bad. Definitely made a difference in the pull of the bike tho.

Anyone know where I can buy the spark arrestor without buying the full exhaust? I have looked but cant find one. :help:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
UpOnTwo said:
Ok, I got a really good deal on it so I have the Trinity installed now. The chirping is there, and kind of annoying, but not THAT bad. Definitely made a difference in the pull of the bike tho.

Anyone know where I can buy the spark arrestor without buying the full exhaust? I have looked but cant find one. :help:

Thanks guys!
Trinity has the quiet core kit and spark arrestor there. I really quiets down the bike almost too much. ::)

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can get the Trinity quiet core/arrestor from Trinity or pay a couple dollars less (shipped) from ATV Galaxy. I found their store on Ebay. Search for Trinity, then find thier listings. Good prices shipped staight from Trinity :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I agree! I got my whole Stage-4 system from ATV Galaxy on EBAY and saved about $70.00. The muffler was packaged wrong, Trinity took care of the problem right away and paid the freight. I was very impressed!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.