Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my brand new raptor a few weeks a go and started to notice that the plastic on the side of the tank is starting to scuff and chip the paint off the frame. I Just repaint it added 2 spacers washers at rear bolt that bolts the rear and front fender togheter and sand a lil bit the plastic. it stop the problem but when I sit to close to the tank when hillclimbing it was still leaving some small marks. so I added foam under plastic to act like a spacer to make it stand out more a lil bit, for now it seems to have fix the problem.

Anyone had that problem?

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Pictures might help out?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep. Both of mine do it. The plastic covers it though. If you are really worried about it, get some of that clear plastic paint shield protector material and put it on after you touch it up.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
I got where you are talking about.

+1 on the clear plastic protectant. I think Motosport.com sells it or you can get some from the 3M website.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh I bought a clearcoat now. kinda lame buying a new bike and they cant figure out tha plastic touching and vibrating on the paint will eat it up. I guess we never pay enough??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts