Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone has a alarm installed on there raptor? I been looking at some sweet deals on e-bay under motorcycle alarms and raptor alarm atv alarm searchs. Im about to buy one un sure of what brand are from whom on ebay but i only exspect to pay 40-50 for a good one with remote start and shock sensor. Im from 660 forums and I have`nt seen anyone with a alarm installed. This is a very good theft device and i wish i had one wen my raptor was stolen back in 04. They also have some neat simple yet effective brake disc alarm/lock Suposed to have built in siren and locks to your rear rotor and is suposed to be hammer/bolt cutter/chizzle proof and simple lock unlock feature. If I could afford I would have both devices but i can only afford one and that will be a full alarm system. I see it to come in handy good when i have to shower use bathroom at a event are if i have to walk away from it unlocked and just incase someone brakes the 3 chains and 4 locks I here them if they set off sensor and there will be no wire cuting cause I have the seat drilled and when inplace i put a lock on it to keep seat from being removed. I hope this thread helps me on my quest to here some raptor owners with alarms and to get the message out that you can get a alarm for your quad cheap and can do it yourself install.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am interested in this also. I was looking at the same alarms on e-bay last night. I think this would be an awesome mod. Gotta love remote start to let your bike warm up! I will def be doing this soon.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have an alarm. A G-Force from Armed Guard. It was more than 50 bucks, but I don't remember offhand how much. I'm sure if you do a search you can find their website, I don't have it on this pc.
I use the shock sensor and the perimiter sensor (if you get too close to the quad). It also has an ignition disable feature and you can have the lights flash if you want. Plus it has a small flashing LED, but you can only see it at night. It came with a very loud siren. I have pics on here somewhere. I found an online write up from one of those mags and they said it was very good and durable.
Works for me. :thumbsup:

Here's the pics. Just scroll a bit http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php/topic,4337.msg42217.html#msg42217

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just paid for a alarm on ebay for 35 buy it now and 9 shipping been in contact with seller and he is very helpful and has great feedback . Simple install it seems blue wire to push button brown to ignition 2 yellows to the head lights and a red and a black for power. comes with 2 remotes remote start waterproof shock sensor and a theft light and siren. sold by atvalarms.com they cost more on website so search e-bay for same thang from same seller. will report soon when i get it monday and inststall it. A bargin for 35 plus 9 shiping for something that will protect your atv and will also remote start it. I will hook up remote start but im not sure how good it work till i get my quad carbs clean and thangs tune in cause some times i have to give it slightly some gas before it crank. Hope this 44bucks will be worth it im sure it will. Look around monday night for a review of the cheap system. Hope if thangs go good for me more here will buy this alarm and be more secure.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i definitly am going to get an alarm,and if this one is good then i'll buy it next friday, i'd love to trip people out with my remote start..that's neaatooo :thumbsup:
i really want an alarm cuz i keep my quad in my patio in my apartment,...i always feel if'y when i'm not home,it's a real quiet area,and i have 6 ft walls so you can't really see it, but dang, if someone knows how easy my gate can break open,then wooosh, my quad could be gone, might be hard to get past my neighbors without them asking questions, but an alarm will really help me sleep better at night.... can't wait to see your review on it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the one that I bought and is on the way. The seller dose not make them he said a company called cyclone made it in over in europe or england and they are good anof that people over there have to get there insurrence company to overview it and make sure it works before they insure people quads/motorcycles. This is what the seller told me im not 100% sure. Says he has sold lots and lots of them to people with wide range of quads/mules/rhinos and has only had 1 return and that was cause the brain shorted out cause the guy left his quad submergerd for over a hr. the brain and remotes are suposely water sealed and work great on 4x4 quads I say we shouldnt have a problem with water/mud cause we try stay out if it since we dont have a 4x4. He has`nt had any returns due to it breaking so we should be good on durabilaty. my big butt likes to hit big mx jumps so i let you know how the alarm holds up thru some hard landings. I should get it monday afternoon and installed by monday night and will reply back if i thank this is a nice alarm along with some pics of where i connect wires and such. I dont know differnts in wireing from 660 to 700 but maybe my pics can help you guys simple hook up like i said you got 2 yellow wires that tap into headlights to make them blink and a blue to the pushbutton and a brown to ignition and a red and black for power. Shocksenson is built in and the guy said if a bird landed on his quad are if he raked to close to it , it would go off I like to see when i get it if it is really that good. Please keep eye out for review so you guys can pick one up from him.. MY quad was stolen and if i had one of these thangs i could stop it from being stolen and i could cought the thive with my co2 bb gun and poped his ass for it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i woulda popped his ass with more than a BB gun, ever seen pulp fiction.......yeah, i'd make some calls and he meet the GIMP...
thanks for the info buddy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys but my header bolt broke off and tap broke off trying to tap it out must take head off to machine shop and i dont know when i have time to install it. I have goton it real quick from az to ga in 2days good deal nice remotes. I may install it soon but i have alot of work ahead of me. Good deal buy from them. comes with wireing diagram but you will need to know some wireing skills. you have 2 yellows that go to head lights you have a blue that will go to push button wire and a brown to ignition wire also a pink and gray you will have to cut you kill switch wire and wire 1 end to pink and 1 to gray this is for the remote start feature. It`s not so hard to do this. The only place I found to fit the brain is under my 660r seat and where the tools go remove them and cut the side by the relay off to have room to fit it in ther then just run your wire not sure where you will tap in at so trace the wires and try to tap into them as close to the brain as you can. it comes with 3ft of wire so you be able to have reach. you will need the following electrical tape and some what they call taps, t-taps and just tap into the wires with connectors you will need 4 of them and also 2 berailconnectors and tape up and buy 2 ring termanals for your power and ground comes with wireing diagrams and seting it up for non remote start is very easy and i thank i will do that while takeing off my head. sorry for no real review but i say go for it and get one there nice and made good

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did basic install today nice blue led and lights blink and chrips when arm and disarm. The sound remines me of a geeky tiny car with a alarm that goes beep beep high pitch. The sensor is soposed to be able to be adjustable via remote button combanation dont i dont know yet still trying to contact the seller about it. Only thang i dont like is the shock sensor sensativity right now i hope it can be turnt up higher. I would still like to get one of them brake disc locks soon with built in shock sensor. Please stay tune to see if i can get the sensor working better and if needed try differnt mount locations. Also i see a down fall what if the alarm is trigered and im not home i dont thank it has a built in turn off reset and it would blink and blare all day. I will look into this further please stay tuned.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Awesome aka!! Will def be following this real close! Just had my quad down in Rocky Point and my ass was clentched the whole time! We locked our quads to an expedition, then parked my buddies truck in front of that. Still sucked

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I did find out that it will stop flashing and blareing siren after a certain amount of time under a min and will rearm incase it is still being messed with so thats great to know!!!!!
I found the button combanation but cant remember if sensor it was set all way up or not. I did set it for 5 beeps which is suposed to be highest and moved the brain to inside back fender panel on backbrake side and this help with sensativaty.
I have`nt done the push test since my raptor is on a elavated porch and has 3chains 5 locks and is down for major maitnace damn header stud/bolt. If i step on peg the alarm goes off althou if gentaly done i could move handle bars back and forth with out trigering it which kinda sucks but wait for my push test to see if i can push the quad away without trigering the alarm. I still thank this is a great deal. I will for sure nuff wrap my chains and locks around the frame good incase the gental push test fails this will cause the thive to have to cut chain and try to remove the chains without makeing the sensor go off from vibration.

The theft light is nice blue led but i have a big debate to even use it. 1 it is a good deterant and nice looks but 2 it lets them know there is a alarm on it so if they are brave anof to still it they will try to do it gentaly. You can also turn on the lights and leave them on are off and also if you are takeing a shower/dump/pee etc you can hit button to listin for the siren to make sure it is close by. range is ok I drove away about 75yards away in my suv dangling from keychain not even a clear line of sight and it worked. remotes are nicer than they apear and made good. good buy. Im waiting for teply from seller if i can set it any high and if i can add a motion sensor in any way.

If looking for a alarm dont forget all the important thangs This is the best bang for the buck simple install remote start , loud siren, adjustable shocksensor, and some the little thangs like rearm after trigeered siren and lights wont continurely go off and kill your battrie incase of a faluse alarm, Overtakeing alarm to let riders know to watch out, panic, lights on lights off, blinking light. If i could afford a exspensive alarm with a bit more sensative sensor and motion sensor i would but it would cost more likely 3x this gus price. Wait till i get reply on montion sensor adaptabilaty and the push test. But good buy and i say buy one!!! ebay.com search for raptor alarm are atv alarm you find it dont forget to check the search decription and title box and click search again and you will find it. Well wait i just did that and i dont see any of his alarms on there right now i will contact him and see about geting some more put back on ebay. Sure they just have`nt had time to add thangs yet

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
great, thanks alot william, i'm going to order that same one tomarrow night after work.. i'd sleep alot better at night knowing i have one, weather it be out camping, or at my house...seems like a great, cheap , investment,... plus i can't wait to use that remote start feature when all my buddys are around, i won't tell them i put on an alarm,and be like, nah, raptors are just that cool, doesn't yours start on it's own? ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was playing with remote start button and herd relay click on and off you can hold the button also to let it turn over how ever many times it takes for your raptor to crank then just release the button. I will be glad to share photos of wireing and hook up and also give a durabilty test soon.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am still unhappy that i can gentle push my quad away without trigering it and will try 1beep insted of 5 to make sure sensativity is full and also try one more mounting locaton. I still reconmend this alarm nice and with remote start great bang for buck but for the guys who have the money go for the higher end alarms possiably one with motion sensor. The company who makes alarm i have is cyclone it`s model c-11 you will see it on ebay from differnt users and prices. I still like to do some more playing around with and do a better review of alarm. I get header fix today so i should beable to attempt remote start feature to atlest show you all where i taped in to.

·
Registered
454 Posts
yo i got to get one thats cool as hell do they still sell them cause ill order it today.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont know about what im postin its like 1 in the morning but the video of the kfx is kinda kewl so here i found this

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-parts-accessories-PLC5-MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-REMOTE-START-GO-KART-BIKE-ATV-W0QQAdIdZ25189021

let me know on it please send me a PM if it works or you found a webstie that it is on for sale!

I kept on searching and found this with price but only one picture the other one has more pictures this one has a price of 86 bucks.

http://www.bestpowerking.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=282

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
thats cool as heck but how loud is it can you hear it inside your house if it goes off, it would be cool cause i would be the only one in oklahoma who probably has one. that way i dont have to worry about anyone stealing my stuff its getting bad here guys!!! damn theives are stealing trailors,rhinos and every else, you name it there stealing it. you cant have nothing theses days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts