Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a close up pic of the tapered part of the crankshaft that the flywheel goes on. I'm having some issues I'm trying to fix and need to see what it should look like so I can compare mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need one closer.....I'm trying to see what the taper is supposed to look like to be sure mine is not jacked up......Unless you or someone else knows if the taper is supposed to be a smooth transition or if there is a little lip where the shaft gets bigger about a 1/2" or so from the woodruff key

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
what chain is that in the last pic? Cam?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep....that's the cam chain. It doesn't get much closer than that....if I could be picky, a side view of the last pic would be ideal....if not, that should be good. Thanks rt, that's a big help

·
Registered
119 Posts
What happened to displace your cam chain?? Was it a failure or were you just swapping out your crank shaft?? I'm curious to know because I'm in the process of installing a L & L starter clutch and thats what I see you have already... did it fail???

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Every picture that has my name over it in this column, is a picture of a good assembly. I intentional took the cam chain off to disassemble my motor. the pics were taken for the sole purpose of showing what a good taper on a crank looks like, and what the one-way looks like.

·
Registered
381 Posts
How far does the nut torque down onto the crank threads when the flywheel is intalled? Is the end of the crank flush with the outside of the nut or does the end of the crank sit a little recessed or stick out a little?

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.