Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy bent my wife's YFZ450R and I am in the doghouse! Anyone know where I can find the lower steel section of the frame for a 2015 YFZ450R? See picture.
The yamaha OEM parts list does not show the lower main subframe as an available separate part. I checked with a couple around me and they said I had to buy the whole $1400 frame set... do any of you know some secret code to getting just that part? Or are my local dealers out of touch?
YFZ450R lower steel frame section.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
85 Posts
It looks to be all one piece. The frames are welded together, and therefore not considered repairable. That is why they don’t sell individual pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks to be all one piece. The frames are welded together, and therefore not considered repairable. That is why they don’t sell individual pieces.
Well, no that is not true. I have already pulled it apart, it is all bolted together. Front aluminum sub-frame, lower steel sub-frame, two side frame pieces up top. Xcel Racing actually makes a chrome moly version of the lower sub-frame because it is a known weak point but it is $700. Hoping to find a used one or something a little cheaper...

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
85 Posts
It doesn’t look bolted together. $700 is cheaper than $1400.
Besides, isn’t your buddy on the hook for the bill?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts