Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've had this Big Gun exhaust laying around for a while that i've actually tried to sell on this forum but now i'm considering swapping out my Alba with it as the Alba is just too loud. Is the Big Gun loud or is it a pretty acceptable pipe. Anyone have info on it would be great. Loudness?? power gain??

thanks,

Max

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
what model of Big gun? full or slip on?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
My buddy has the Evo X on his DS650 and it doesn't seem overly loud, at least not with the spark arrestor screen in it. It's not nearly as loud as my FMF with the Titanium4 muffler on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the evo X slip on and i took out the vortec quiet insert, and i still run the spark arrester and it is LOUD. I mean thunderously loud. Thats the way i like it, and i get awesome bottom end and good mid to top. I run the quiet insert most of the time on the trails tho, cuz i dont like to piss off the neighbors. With the insert it was just a tiny bit louder than stock, but you could notice a loss on the bottom. Hope any of this helps, if you have the evo series.

·
Registered
330 Posts
One of my friends has a Big Gun full system on his Raptor. It is LOUD! I think too loud and for the power gains I am not sure about. Honestly I think it wouldn't be worth your time as the exhausts are closely designed, but there is always room for experimentation. Swap the exhausts out one day and see which one you like better, that is the best suggestion. Your personal preference is the main factor. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.