Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to clean up the chamber a bit and unshroud the valve some. Does anyone have some pics of someones good work to give ma a idea. I know some were posted a while ago but they don't show up anymore. Or any hints on what to touch up.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Bo's the only one that I know of that actually does some Chamber work, reshaping/polishing etc. Most of the builder heads keep the chamber cast, to keep the compression as high as possible, but they do unshroud it a bit when putting in larger valves.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want anything extreme just clean it up a bit. The head is milled already so I'm think I can spare a little bit but I might just polish the casting marks out and I think that would be fine.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks nice and purty lol I'll do my best. What are the brass colored thing on the valve seats? I have two on the intake side of my head? Must be used to repair the valve seats?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why my head has just 2 on the intake side with new valve guides? It has dropped a valve before and figured that was the reason???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts