Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the CDN version of the SE and lucky us, we have duplicates of all the warning labels in French. The French ones are just stickers, not plates like the left side ones. Anyway, I took the French labels off and there was some sticker adhesive left behind in a couple spots. For years I've used a touch of WD-40 and a soft cloth to remove glue like that from any number of surfaces. So I did that tonight and it made a mess! The spots look hazzy now and dull. I tried waxing the area with no luck bringing it back. You guys have any quick fixes? I don't really want to go through the hell of plastic renew, don't think that will work for my situation. I'm thinking just get stickers and cover it up.

thoughts?

MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
Foaming tire shine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Haven't tried pledge, but I wouldn't recommend Plexus. I have it and its as if you just spray water on your plastics. Once it dries, it looks as if it didn't do anything at all. Someone else on here mentioned Mop-N-Glo....so I tried that. Sure, it makes your quad sparkle....but it didn't do crap for the fine scratches or smudge marks that I have on my plastics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would recommend plexus...works great

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aren't most of these just surface cleaners and treatments? I'm thinking they will leave a shine so long as the stuff is on there, but as soon as it rubs off, the haze is back. I need something that will remove the haze and dullness. A guy I work with that was a motorcycle mechanic was telling me about this metal polish, something with Blue in the name. He says it's recommended for all types of surfaces, including plastics. He swears by it and will bring me some on Monday. I will give that a try. If that doesn't work, it's going to get some stickers on it. It's one of those things that having it right in front of my eyes while I ride will bother me. Call me anal, I am lol!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you have the black SE I would say you are S.O.L.. I had the same problem on a spot on my rear fender. Once you dull the plastic I dont think anything will bring back the shine. I have tried everything except plastic renew and nothing worked. I have tried pledge, mop n glow, tire foam of all sorts, 3m plastic polish, etc, etc. If you do find something let me know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Lemon pledge or pam.. You can always go to carboncovers.com and get covers to cover them up. even though they were stickers on before, it shouldnt be too much of a pain in the ass

·
Registered
767 Posts
Agreed you are dillusional and going to be very dissapointed if you want your black SE to stay looking showroom new. Even the duners are having a tough time with that, I just throw on some tireshine after washing her down and it at least looks "new" from about 10ft. :lol: Unfortunatley woods+mud owns black plastic. :'(

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
Aren't most of these just surface cleaners and treatments? I'm thinking they will leave a shine so long as the stuff is on there, but as soon as it rubs off, the haze is back. I need something that will remove the haze and dullness. A guy I work with that was a motorcycle mechanic was telling me about this metal polish, something with Blue in the name. He says it's recommended for all types of surfaces, including plastics. He swears by it and will bring me some on Monday. I will give that a try. If that doesn't work, it's going to get some stickers on it. It's one of those things that having it right in front of my eyes while I ride will bother me. Call me anal, I am lol!
"The Intimidator" is a liquid abrasive that is great on chrome, s/s, paint, glass, and is AMAZING on aluminum. I work in a truck dealership and we use it all the time on trade-ins. These are Michigan logging trucks so they are pretty ratty when they come in. Their number is 800-285-9160 to find a dealer near you but this stuff is awesome. I will admit that I've never tried it on plastic but I'd bet it would work. I know it's awesome on rims!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just because with everything mentioned this one didn't come up. I have always used STP Son of a Gun after every wash of my quads and the plastic stays looking really nice. In fact when I traded my KFX700 off on my new Raptor the Dealer asked if I ever rode the thing and it had been raced and riden hard for 3 plus years.

Jay

·
Registered
40 Posts
use the mothers power ball thing and some super fine rubbing compound or some final detail,they do make plastic polish's you just have to go to a auto paint supply store.dont be affraid to ask for help.i know 3m makes some really good compounds also.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
joeraptorjoe said:
use the mothers power ball thing and some super fine rubbing compound or some final detail,they do make plastic polish's you just have to go to a auto paint supply store.dont be affraid to ask for help.i know 3m makes some really good compounds also.
This might not be the best advice. Many plastic polishes at auto supply stores are not for colored plastic. They are compounds intended for removing fine scratches and haze off plastic lenses on gauges, etc. Make sure to read the label.

Personally I think you're just going to have to live with the dull plastic. There are restore kits for quad/dirtbike plastics out there but I've yet to run across anyone - even parts counter guys/gals - who have had success with those products.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Machy said:
i'm with machster, i use black magic and it comes clean super easy,and is nice and shiny after i do wash and put a new coat on. yo mach, yo should get a black tank cover, it would really take the black from the hood and make it flow.....with a black bumper, i'm thinking pro armor and black nerfs, oh and those black TORK rims and,...oh you get the picture! ahahah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.