Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one here from the Omaha area, Looking for some ppl to ride with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Am just across the river from you in Mo. Valley, IA. It's finally warming up, we may be riding later this week if you are interested.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weekends are pretty much out of the ? til' about may but after that i'm ridin every weekend. where do you all ride? I've ridden a couple of times under the bridge in CB and i used to be a member at the Quarrey in Weeping water. I ve been snowmobiling in SD, are the same trails open to atvs in the summer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
We usually ride at the park their in CB under the bridge. Myself, Flatlineracing, and another friend who has an outlaw all work together and ride down there before work. There is a rock quarry up where I live we have rode and are planning on going to Genoa, NE a few times this year. We are all taking a trip down to Little Sahara Sand Dunes in March also. PM me when you will have time to ride. We usaully ride during the day because we all work 3-11, but can also ride any time on weekends.

·
Registered
464 Posts
nebraptor said:
Weekends are pretty much out of the ? til' about may but after that i'm ridin every weekend. where do you all ride? I've ridden a couple of times under the bridge in CB and i used to be a member at the Quarrey in Weeping water. I ve been snowmobiling in SD, are the same trails open to atvs in the summer?
We usually ride down by the bridge in CB, we both have some paddles now so we plan on hitting up Genoah several times this year. Usually we ride during the week before work, both Hawkeyeraptor and myself work at the power plant in Council Bluffs on the 3-11 shift and then we also have another friend on the shift that just bought an Outlaw so the 3 of us usually ride together. We hit the quarry over in IA up by Mo Valley but you have to be careful what your doing up there, sometimes the trails going up into the hills come to an abrupt end and a straight shot down. :help:

Looks like I posted the same time as you Chris, see ya at work gotta drop off the quad at C&D for a little front end alignment, the eyeball method was less than exact for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like my dobeck, nerfs, and intake all shipped today- hopefully will be putting everything together this weekend!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no kiddin you guys work at manowa? I'm a fitter at oppd, thats why i cant ride much til later this spring cuz we have outages (7/12s) at north omaha and nebraska city till then. but its all good, it means i can put exhaust, intake and pc3 on my 700.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All three of work for Mid American Energy in coal handling on the 3-11 shift. That's cool you work for OPPD, I know a few guys that work there! Too bad you won't be able to ride for awhile, but it will be worth it once you get your mods. We have all been working a ton of OT and dumping it into our Raptors also. My buddy has a 2007 SE like yours, and I just bought my 06 at the end of December and am just getting around to doing some things to it. Should have dobeck, intake, exhaust and nerfs on within a week or so. You will have to let us know when you finally get some time off work to ride!

·
Registered
464 Posts
nebraptor said:
no kiddin you guys work at manowa? I'm a fitter at oppd, thats why i cant ride much til later this spring cuz we have outages (7/12s) at north omaha and nebraska city till then. but its all good, it means i can put exhaust, intake and pc3 on my 700.
You work for OPPD, or a contractor like Waldinger working for OPPD, I was curious because I used to know a couple guys that were fitters there and several guys on the plumbing side. Which exhaust are you leaning towards on your Rappy, single or dual.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I accually work for OPPD. I'm still undeceided on wich exhaust to go with but im leaning toward the sparks. thats what i have on my 660 and i've been pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
nebraptor said:
I accually work for OPPD. I'm still undeceided on wich exhaust to go with but im leaning toward the sparks. thats what i have on my 660 and i've been pretty happy with it.
Sparks is a good one from what I hear along with the CT Racing pipe. I just sold my HMF full exhaust to Hawkeyeraptor and now I'm waiting on a set of LTE's to arrive. Where did you buy your SE at?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got my 700 from power sports pro. i traded my 04 R1 for it in october, strait across. i bought my bike in 04 and only had 1900 miles on it when i traded it in. i thought it would be fun to have a sportbike, but i guess i never really got into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.