Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Aus an just took the rappy up the beach for a few k's, everything was going great sitting on about 100 hauling ass. I then came up to an area where the tide was comming in and it was all soft wet sand and got stuck :'(, had water hitting half way up the tyres as the tide was comming in I thought i was gonna lose my bike to the ocean for a bit. Me and my girl friend who was on the back managed to pull it out with great difficulty.

Almost gave me a heart attack, but all worked out good in the end.

Just a warning for people riding on the beach that real soft wet sand can be boggy as hell!
I learned a good lesson.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i ride the beach plenty when the tide is out... best time for me would be an hour before sunset if tide was right.. and late at night when i'm a lil tipsy.. since it's alot safer to ride on the beach rather than anywhere else.. but never alone.. incase something bad happens.. just like what happened to you.. by old banshee died on me while i was tryin to pass a slipway from the sea side... it wasn't fun pulling that thing out, alone.. with water to 3/4 the tires.. i can still feel those soggy boots :mad:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i've only rode on 1 beach, that was pismo,. the speed limit is 15,and i was on a 50cc honda dirtbike, 8),and i weigh 260lbs so i look rather goofy on it, and i was crusing down the beach full bore, when the police chase me down yelling at me over the loud speaker,.. seems i was going 30!, wow, i told him , are you sure? cuz it only felt like 29!!!!,..yeah, gave me a dirty look and told me to SLOW IT DOWN,.. :lol:and i just laughed and drove away.......pismo was cool cuz i had never been there...but i wasn't very impressed with the size of the dunes, the area is pretty small and the hills arn't very big.. but it was still fun, and the 1st time i'd been to dunes, so was a great time,. can't wait for GLAMIS... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
ace fun on the beach,thats until you get sum ppl who hate atvs and call the cops,not in there way at all there doing there stuff we r doing ours enjoying ourselves then the next thing you know your getting told to pack and leave :mad:.If we do go back they would take our bikes away, well they can suck my plums if they think there doing that. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
519 Posts
they dont chase you they just wait for you to come back to head home thats when you get done. :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
beach? WHat is this you speak of? LOL I am in AZ. Contrary to the popular belief, there is no ocean front property in AZ. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts