Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Cornelia Ga. and want to find some more folks to ride with unfortunately my raptor engine needs work first and I was wondering if there was someone who could help me out!!!

Looks like I may need to do a complete rebuild and I know nothing about these things.

Please let me know if you can help
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think we spoke ???? did you get it going yet ??? how much $$ ?
Hey TVP, yes we did talk!!! The repairs on the Raptor wasn't too bad. Did a complete teardown and only found a bunch of debris left from the previous rebuild. Everything looked great and since we had everything apart we replaced the clutch, the old one was blue.
I found a great mechanic here in Clarkesville and he only charged me $440.00 that included putting the engine back in and getting her running right.

I gave the Raptor a good workout twice at Durhamtown and it is running awesome!!!

We are going to have to meet down there sometime. I will probably go back there on the 11th of Feb.

Jim

·
Registered
553 Posts
sweet ... not bad $ at all ... especially if they had to split the cases ! 11th sounds like a plan ... keep reminding me :) .... locust stake opens in mid march and is MUCH closer to both of us and cheaper too :) you'll want to get your skills up to par -BEFORE- you go there !!! lots of NASTY hill climbs and cliffs to fall off there ! my favorite spot to ride in GA :)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Yeah that is close but sounds scary!!! I will do my best to get my game up!!!

I will remind you about the 11th for sure :)

JimT
Sign me up for the 11th. I live in SC, and a few guys with KFX 700's ride with me (or behind I should say :D). Also my brother lives in GA, and he brings his motocross buddies! I went this past weekend, and dominated the drag strip! 8)

·
Registered
553 Posts
no doubt !! plus ... I might get to see my blue beast loose a race for once ;) .... and maybe see what the red rocket is capable of ... just wish they had a timer on that track !!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh boy, sorry to hear about Ellis. He doesn't do any machining but he is great at pretty much everything else. His name is Mark and I can PM you his number if your interested. His rates are really reasonable and he guarantees his work. I am really happy with him.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
no doubt !! plus ... I might get to see my blue beast loose a race for once ;) .... and maybe see what the red rocket is capable of ... just wish they had a timer on that track !!!!
I can get the old lady to clock us. :D But really, as much money as they make there, a clock would be nice. Oh, and way better food.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, just me and a couple of friends as far as I know. It was a in the mid to upper 40s for most of the day but really windy!!! The burgers and brats were pretty dusty but delicious.

I work this weekend but a few of us are planning on going the 24th!!

Jim

·
Registered
553 Posts
24th ... Friday ? .... dam ... I'm a sunday rider only :\ .... I've got a road race coming up so no ATV riding till after it ... this sucks .... I'm going to have to drain my gas it's been sitting so long :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.