Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum... Looks like slot of great info!

Situation: need to replace throttle cable on an 04' 660 I picked up last night.

Question:

1) Is the cable running to Edlebrock carb stock or part of a kit?

2) Is Edlebrock the only route for a replacement throttle cable or can I find one online at aftermarket site or recommended shops?

All replies are greatly appreciated, getting anxious to rip this beast!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Terrycable should be able to make you a custom one, Motion Pro might have something for you as well. Just add a .com to those names and it'll get you their web sites and contact info. It's not the stock/oem part if I remember correctly, the edelbrock kit comes with the new cable when you buy the carb.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Terrycable should be able to make you a custom one, Motion Pro might have something for you as well. Just add a .com to those names and it'll get you their web sites and contact info. It's not the stock/oem part if I remember correctly, the edelbrock kit comes with the new cable when you buy the carb.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride.
+1 on that. It is a edelbrock cable. Edlebrock has stoped making the carb and parts. You migjt also try duncun racing internatinal, he has a bunch of edlebrock parts still. I have one but it is part of the complete set up i will be selling. Welcome and good luck!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info and look forward to learning more on here.
I would spend a few extra bucks and buy the stock carbs, the edelbrock isnt as good as stock but still a decent carb...............

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If he's going to be spending hundreds or thousands modding it perhaps, but if it's a trail bike with nothing larger than a stage 2 hotcam and a stock head I wouldn't worry about the edelbrock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts