Raptor Forum banner

Anyone know of a stock spark arrestor delete for a 2018?

3K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  sandman89 
#1 ·
Found one for the older models but can't find one for the newer. When I was tuning my 19 I found it ran almost exactly the same with just the spark arrestor removed with the K&N and fuel controller as it did when I added the pipe. So if I keep this 18 don't think I'm gonna spend the cash for little to no performance gain. But I do have to have a spark arrestor just a more free flowing one.

#10 ·
If you order it on Ebay like I just did it does not come with the spark arrestor. So I called Monster direct and talked to Paul and he threw one in for free. Nice guy very helpful. Also there is no way to pick what color you want so you either need to do a contact the seller through Ebay or call. You need to contact them as soon as you order, they were already pulling mine when I called. You get your choice of tip and mounting ring color. Being able to get the price refunded if you buy a exhaust later is also pretty cool.

#11 ·
Are there PCV base maps available for just the tip, or tip and air filter?
I have seen several 700's with just the factory tip removed. All are obviously louder, but some run great, while others pop and stumble.
I need to keep my 700 quiet for most of where I ride, but plan on an FCI airbox in future(also louder).
I am interested in a tip for riding in certain places. As it is a quick swap, and if it can noticeably improve certain parts of the rpm, may be worth it(I would buy a PCV first too).
Please let us know what you think when you get yours.

#17 ·
Sold it for $6500. Yes it was one of the cleanest 07's around but yes it had some higher hours on it for what I have. I ride alone a lot and a lot of the time I'm hours from the truck. Had never had one problem with it until this summer and lost the rear carrier bearings. Luckily I was only about 6 miles from the truck so it wasn't so bad. Then a few rides after that the radiator started to leak. If I just rode at the dunes where there are tons of people around it wouldn't have bothered me. But when you are 50+miles away from anyone a lot you really don't want to have any doubts about your bike. So I decided it was time to strip it to the frame and redo it or sell it off. WIth the used prices right now it really was a no brainer to sell it. A year ago it was a $4500 bike.

#23 ·
Ya know, just seen this that you sold it for that much. That is crazy... I bought the same one for my wife a few years ago but paid $3000 for it then and it was stock. Since then have given it a big 3 mod and nerf bars, Jogaca suspension. So roughly $1500 into it. If someone offered me $6K for it....sold. Good for you.

#24 ·
It is the pics, the color matches the bright red in the graphics.

This one had the titanium Hindle exhaust, programmer, K&N, Renthal bars, shock covers, six pack rack and the seat cover. It was the cleanest 07 on the planet :) Raptors here are hard to come by, lots of demand and few for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.