Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 raptor 700r and i have been looking for pink plastics forever.and any other pink or hot pink parts.i can barely find anything pink for it.i seen graphics kits and wraps but i really want pink plastics.the ones made by maier are not pink enough.any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
402 Posts
well that sucks,so in your opinion,which is better graphics kit or like a vinyl wrap?
Not much of a market for them, I would assume 90%+ of Quad owners are male and we don't do hot pink... I think most graphic kits are made out of vynil, I guess someone else can chime in, i am not 100% sure on how to answer your question.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Maybe have yours hydro dipped then clear coated? I dont know how well it would hold up but might be worth looking into

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Maier is the only company that ever made pink fenders.
If you trail ride, you know scratches happen.
If you street, dune, or ride in more open areas, fenders obviously live longer.
You Can do a really good rattle can paint job on fenders, you just need good prep, good conditions to paint(not super humid), good dry time, and multiple coats.
If you want a graphics kit, I would put it on the bare plastic. You could mask the graphics area so that there was only a fine line of paint under the edge/perimeter of the graphics, leaving bare(and scuffed with scotchbrite) plastic for graphics to get good adhesion on.
Chose a good paint for plastic, and one with some elasticity that can flex a little, vs cracking or peeling.
After it's done and completely cured(couple days) I would coat the underside of the fairings with some type of silicone(armorall matte or clear, your choice of finish), and that really helps with mud sticking or dirt drying on to the paint and being more difficult to clean off while trying not to damage the paint.
You can also check into LineX/bedliner material. It is available in many colors, as well as a textured or smooth finish.
It is alot more durable that just paint.
And if you do paint it the color you want, post up some pictures and info for the next person looking for uncommon colors.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,974 Posts
Be careful if you are planning on doing around the gas tank area with paint. I painted mine a deeper brown color a couple years ago, it has held up well until last week I had it standing on its tail while installing skid plates. Some gas leaked out and easily removed the paint in a line. Not a big deal as I have new plastics waiting to go on in the 2020 color...if/when my rear fenders ever get here. Whatever color you get, grab an extra can so you have it.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2015 Raptor 700, Barkers duals, fci, PC5, +3tb, ported head, +1 valves, 5050 cam, 745cc, 12:1,
141 Posts
For wraps, check out kyle_larsen07 on instagram. He has some pretty sick looking wraps on his MX bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the best look and probably the most expensive find a local shop that air brushes. You can get whatever pink you want and add any design or style to it.
If you are going to paint yourself, make sure you sand it properly so the paint sticks.
Follow this guide.
How to Paint ATV Plastic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts