Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been thinking about buying one for early spring, late fall riding. Something I can get a little dirty and just pressure wash and give a quick hand wash and be done. I just can't do that with the Raptors, must have them spotless after every use. Have considered one of the 1000's, like the better suspension and power, but with where I ride, as much as I ride and being alone most of the time I just don't see beating the reliability of the 686 engine. Was wondering about how many miles you get out of a tank and how harsh the suspension is? I seem to remember they have a little over a 5 gallon tank and was hoping that would get me about the same 120-140 miles I get out of a tank on my Raptor. Won't be doing any off road, all my riding is on gravel/dirt roads with a little snow. Will be buying a new one if the market is more reasonable than the Raptors. Don't mind paying Msrp in this market but if they are higher I will be looking for a 1-2 year old unit with very low miles.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Those are pretty darn good machines. I have always wanted one myself, just don’t have the room, lol.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don’t own one but rode one. The suspension was ok for what it is. Very capable machine. If I were to buy a 4x4 quad the Grizzly would be at the top of the list.

·
Registered
22 Raptor 700 & 22 Raptor 700r
13 Posts
I have a 2020 Grizzly SE my daughter has claimed. We average around 100 miles to a tank. We run rougher trails with a good bit of elevation change. We are not in 4x4 all of the time but 1/4 to 1/2 the time we are. The Grizzly is well thought out and the needed maintenance is easy. Everything is easy to access and is straight forward. Best of all the 2020 takes a spin on oil filter. The stock suspension is okay at best. The machine feels like it floats and is a bit mushy. Our 2021 Honda Rubicon gets better mileage but that is to be expected with 520cc vs 700cc. The Rubicon is stiff and does not float as much but is narrower and you feel that on the trails.

I also have a 2020 CanAm Outlander XT-P. The power is awesome and the factory Fox suspension is fantastic. The Outlander is fun to ride and is extremely stable on all but the worst terrain. My issue with the CanAm is the maintenance sucks. The machine is not well thought out. You need to pull the plastics or cut your plastics to change the oil filter. You need to remove the brake master cylinder to refill the trans. There is no drain holes in the chassis or skids for the diff oil to drain. Access to the diff fill plugs are difficult. The machine takes SN rated oil and separate gear oil for the trans. The trans and diffs all take different weight gear oil.

I say all that to say this, I think you are making the right decision. If I had to do it again I would pass on the CanAm and buy another Grizzly or Rubicon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We have both. All I can say is we ride them all day and don't have to fill up until end of the day usually. If I have to top one off I usually have to top the other as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a 2020 Grizzly SE .... The machine feels like it floats and is a bit mushy.

I say all that to say this, I think you are making the right decision.
LOL! One of the things I have started to like about the Grizz over the Raptor at my age! :)

Reactions: rjr9603

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are pretty bad ass rigs especially the ones with locking diffs. Its one of the best machines for off-road use out there. An the 700 is very solid engine more than engine power an low maintenance.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for the replies. Well Grizzly's are impossible to find new in my area and the used market is very, very, very small. Luckily I'm in no hurry, this could take awhile...

Would really like to find a Xt-r or at least a SE, Think I found 3 from Sacremento to Seattle in the years I'm interested in :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanx for the replies. Well Grizzly's are impossible to find new in my area and the used market is very, very, very small. Luckily I'm in no hurry, this could take awhile...

Would really like to find a Xt-r or at least a SE, Think I found 3 from Sacremento to Seattle in the years I'm interested in :)
If you have time there should be deals in the future when the affect of free money runs out and the economy drops.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you have time there should be deals in the future when the affect of free money runs out and the economy drops.
That's what I am hoping for here in the next couple years.

Reactions: morphrider

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
That would be the exact color I would have went for as well, congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I DO!!! Went and picked it up yesterday. 2022 SE with 11 miles. Saved over $3k from buying from the dealer. Took it for it's first ride on the way home.

Up early ordering mods for it :)
Awesome! Where did you find it? I've been hoping to find a similar deal. That's like the deal I got on the wife's 2019, barely used, low miles/hours, The original owners wife didn't really enjoy it so they traded it in for a sxs.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanx guys! I picked it up in Terrebonne Oregon. They are very hard to find around here, think there was only about 5 of the 19+ ones available in the whole state. Almost didn't call on it because the craigslist add looked like a scam, price too low, only 2 pics, one sentence description and no phone number only email. I was so surprised when I got a response. Talked to him about 8pm Wednesday, picked it up Thursday at noon. Spent the last few weeks watching facebook and craigslist at least 10 times a day :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts