Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea you can race the raptor. There are many different classes.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I've seen alot of Raptors due amazing well if set up right. A good set of shocks, wider A-Arms and Axle, and good set of Holeshots and let it rip. That low end torque comes in handy in alot of the tight situations.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What wood be a good bike for gncc, and harescramble racing in Arkansas?
Something that wouldn't have to modded much. I assuma all would need better shocks?

·
Registered
435 Posts
yzf450r

·
Registered
203 Posts
YFZ 450X....might do a little better since it was designed from the factory for XC.....

...and since I've wondered the same thing, I'm glad to hear that thr Rappy is a viable XC bike. I raced a Suzuki Ltz400 bored and stroked to a 470 and I've gotta say that I've been spoiled by how nimble it is in tight woods situations. I now also have a 700 and am hoping that it will ride as well in the woods as what I'm used to. Got +2 JD's with Evols on it as well as a +2 axle with a GTT rear shock and link....so....I'm ready to put it to the test! I'll be happy to share my findings with you mswings..... I've been told that once I get the Raptor dialed in, that i'll never look at the Z again.

Sounds like a part out coming up....::)

·
Registered
131 Posts
YFZ 450X....might do a little better since it was designed from the factory for XC.....

...and since I've wondered the same thing, I'm glad to hear that thr Rappy is a viable XC bike. I raced a Suzuki Ltz400 bored and stroked to a 470 and I've gotta say that I've been spoiled by how nimble it is in tight woods situations. I now also have a 700 and am hoping that it will ride as well in the woods as what I'm used to. Got +2 JD's with Evols on it as well as a +2 axle with a GTT rear shock and link....so....I'm ready to put it to the test! I'll be happy to share my findings with you mswings..... I've been told that once I get the Raptor dialed in, that i'll never look at the Z again.

Sounds like a part out coming up....::)
I went from a rappy to a ltr 450 for the woods. I would say the only down fall is the weight and the turning radius of the raptor. I practice on the rappy and feel faster when I get on the 450.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.