Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i ran a lrd exhaust on my old 660 and loved it. eveyone on here seems to be doing dual systems. havent heard from anyone with the lrd pro4 exhaust yet. are the duals really any better?? for the money and weight savings wouldnt a single exhaust do fine? i really like the sound of the old lrd exhaust. does anyone have a sound clip??

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I say run what you like. Ya sure the duals add a few ponies over a single pipe but they are also about $300-500 more so you could put that money into something else which may benifit you more like say +2 a arms or some yfz shocks done by tcs or something. I feel in the long run just do what you like the best and enjoy yourself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
man - you know that you want LTE's.... they sound great and perform even better....

Plattner

·
Registered
84 Posts
Using a full LRD system, great power gain and sounds super! You may want duals if you ride the dunes or drag race. For trails and general riding / racing LRD, FMF, Motoworks, Pro circuit, White brothers,HMF and Muzzys all put out good exhaust.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked up the LRD Pro4r full system and love it. I liked the look of it in magazine ads, and had never seen one on a bike until I got mine. I think it looks good, sounds good, my bike runs great with the LRD map from power commander. I'm very happy with the LRD. :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Personally, I will never buy anything from LRD ever again. I live about an hour away from there, just North of Portland OR. I have called them for tech support on a product they provide, and left 4, yes count them 4 separate messages on 4 separate days, and NEVER got a call back. :mad: I am pretty big on customer service, and once I get shunned like that, I figure there are a lot of other people who want my money. Not to mention when I called the manufacturer of this product, they informed me they were terminating LRD as an end user for complaints similar to mine.

Aside from my personal opinion about the company, it depends on what you want from your quad, which would lead me to ask why you chose LRD? If you are looking at price, then dual exhaust is not what you want. If you are basing it on looks, well that speaks for itself; whatever you like. If you have strict sound regulations, then you have to be careful what brand you buy for those reasons. If you are basing you decision on numbers and all around performance, then the numbers speak for them selves.

Here is an extensive article on all but a few exhausts, such as LTE, LRD and Trinity to name a few

http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/100_0603_2006_yamaha_raptor_700r_atv_exhaust_pipes/

Here is an article on LRD, these numbers speak for themselves as well

http://www.4wheelatv.com/current.asp

If you have the money to spend, look at some of the other threads on here about LTE and Barker; you can't argue with those numbers, and Rocket Factory sells both and recommends both for different reasons.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts