Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 700, and I tired running with the air box cover removed to get a little more flow, and it bogged pretty bad. Would I need to reprogram the EFI?

Has anyone run without the coverwithout reprogramming EFI? :3question:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Welcome to the site!

The bikes in stock form come lean from the factory. Taking off the airbox lid just makes it worse. 95% of the people on here are running with the lid off, because we have other mods done to the bike, AND because we have fuel controllers that will compensate for the mods done.

If you want more power, consider doing the '3 mods'. Intake, exhaust, and a fuel controller.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think an aftermarket efi controller should be the first mod a 700r should have so u never run the risk of going to lean

·
Registered
584 Posts
proarmor700r said:
i think an aftermarket efi controller should be the first mod a 700r should have so u never run the risk of going to lean
I agree, there are other options to no cover like www.ehsracing.com.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

800-900 bucks, eh. I'll put that into the 07 I'll buy shortly. Just looking to see if I can do a free mod on my existing ride.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
This is with the lid on and off difference on my 700 before a fuel controller(stock computer program):

NOW, this is the difference between the lid off with stock program and lid off with Dobeck dyno tune:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thats one consistent as hell quad!!!!!!!!! Put down the exact same numbers two times. Exact same. I have never ever seen that before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So just putting a controller on will help the stock bike perform better. Correct?
I am heading to the dunes this weekend and just picked up a new 700. I have a bunch of after market parts but am going to wait until I have her broke in before I put them on. Will the fuel controller alone help? If so I am going to put it on.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea, fatten it up alittle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does that lid for 90 bucks even make a difference?

·
Registered
31 Posts
why would you pay $90 for that my friend is a sheet metal worker made us both one cost me $2.00 for srews you could go to a shop show some one the picture of it and they prob. charge you 10 bucks buy some outwear couple of srews and your in

·
Registered
106 Posts
T66balls said:
Lid on or off?
If you are going to wait for the rest of the mods, you might as well wait to take the lid off. But after you break it in, mods on and lid off and give it hell :)

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
rappmb said:
why would you pay $90 for that my friend is a sheet metal worker made us both one cost me $2.00 for srews you could go to a shop show some one the picture of it and they prob. charge you 10 bucks buy some outwear couple of srews and your in
I didn't pay $90.

I paid $40 a few years back and did it myself. I didn't realize the kits were $90 now.

~Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
how much can a pro-flow with the k & n filter and an outerwear handle with the lid off?? dust, water mud, if it starts rainin and your miles from camp r u effed???

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Metal07 said:
how much can a pro-flow with the k & n filter and an outerwear handle with the lid off?? dust, water mud, if it starts rainin and your miles from camp r u effed???
It won't get wet since it's under your seat unless you're riding in the swamp!

~Brian

·
Registered
899 Posts
Metal07 said:

One good creek, 3 streams and about 25 miles of slopy Pacific Northwest jungle trail.....never a problem here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts