Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a good price on a full exhaust system from Scorpion. I know they make good street bike stuff. Anyone know anything about them good or bad?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Found a good price on a full exhaust system from Scorpion. I know they make good street bike stuff. Anyone know anything about them good or bad?
I have not heard of a Scorpion exhaust on the 660 Raptor. It has not been discussed as being one of the more popular singles like Barker, Sparks, Trinity, ect. If you plan on building a big motor and stepping up to FCR carbs then be sure to buy a dyno tested and tuned pipe that is designed to clear the FCR carbs. If you feel that the big three (filter, jets, pipe) is all you will invest in the bike then any aftermarket full system under 300 would be a good deal.
good luck,

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have not heard of a Scorpion exhaust on the 660 Raptor. It has not been discussed as being one of the more popular singles like Barker, Sparks, Trinity, ect. If you plan on building a big motor and stepping up to FCR carbs then be sure to buy a dyno tested and tuned pipe that is designed to clear the FCR carbs. If you feel that the big three (filter, jets, pipe) is all you will invest in the bike then any aftermarket full system under 300 would be a good deal.
good luck,
What blueranger said is good advice there but you will have a hard time finding a Barkers Single;). I have never heard of a scorpion exhaust on a 660 though. Post pics if you get it:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I did a duramax injector side job last night so now I can order it lol. 8) Pics to come soon.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I did a duramax injector side job last night so now I can order it lol. 8) Pics to come soon.
Pics on the Dura Max injectors or the exhaust..............lol......

Isnt the injector swap on the Dura Max diesel fun, especially the older under valve cover style............

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pics on the Dura Max injectors or the exhaust..............lol......

Isnt the injector swap on the Dura Max diesel fun, especially the older under valve cover style............
LOL I can send pics of both some of the Dura-rat's that come in are impressive. Yeah I have done about 30+ injector jobs, use to hate it but now pays for toys!! :D

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
LOL I can send pics of both some of the Dura-rat's that come in are impressive. Yeah I have done about 30+ injector jobs, use to hate it but now pays for toys!! :D
I need a side job to pay for my toys:p but I'm now changing non injectors lol. I hate working on my damn truck enough let alone someone else's. I'm sure if I was being paid it might change my mind though. I just did the glow plugs on my 7.3 a few months ago and hated doing that enough, I kept looking at the injectors like yeah F that they can stay stock until they "NEED" replaced.

Lets see some pics of the exhaust when you get it.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I wasn't happy with the Scorpion I had on my Kymco Mongoose 300.

It wasn't cheap, yet the header cracked twice (luckily I could fix it at work) and the can was forever moving in it's clamps. :mad: oh, and the Scorpion badge vanished after a few weeks as it was stuck on with double sided tape.

Obvious to say, I wouldn't buy one for anything now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome Dragonfire!! I was looking for one on a 660. Looks good!! Thanks for the heads up Ezkymco. I ordered it but having issues with the company. Has not shipped yet. Guess it wont be here for Dune Fest. O and Dog I heard 7.3 are a pain to work on at lest it is not a 6.0 LOL

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I need a side job to pay for my toys:p but I'm now changing non injectors lol. I hate working on my damn truck enough let alone someone else's. I'm sure if I was being paid it might change my mind though. I just did the glow plugs on my 7.3 a few months ago and hated doing that enough, I kept looking at the injectors like yeah F that they can stay stock until they "NEED" replaced.

Lets see some pics of the exhaust when you get it.
I would have to disagree. I think that my 7.3 is really easy to work on! I have the 2000 version so maybe the earlier ones were harder to work on. I can strip mine down to do glow plugs in less than an hour - basically just undo one wiring connection, two intercooler tubes, intake tube, and valve cover bolts and voila. I've seen under a duramax hood and it greatly discouraged me from buying one.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I would have to disagree. I think that my 7.3 is really easy to work on! I have the 2000 version so maybe the earlier ones were harder to work on. I can strip mine down to do glow plugs in less than an hour - basically just undo one wiring connection, two intercooler tubes, intake tube, and valve cover bolts and voila. I've seen under a duramax hood and it greatly discouraged me from buying one.
I think it is because mine is lifted lol. Easy to work on the underside of it but anything in the engine my 6'6" tall ass has a hell of a time reaching it. It didn't take but a hour to do the glow plugs I just hate working on my Daily Driver because I can't be lazy and not do it when I'm halfway through it:p. Everytime I tear into it though I do find it easier but I try not to do much to it unless I have to. I had to buy a computer for it last year to find out why I was having random shutdown problems but the Computer did it and now I have a nice program for when it breaks and to test it. It wasn't cheap though.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i have a full scorpion system on my 660 very happy with it
never got a baffle with mine so its real loud :)

Scorpion exhaust is popular in the European Countries, and the majority of the Scorpion exhaust sold on our website went across the ocean. The canister is titanium , and the head-pipe is stainless steel like the rest. The power gains based on customer reviews were good, and we never had a fitment issue with them in the past. I only have one left in stock for a raptor 660 if anyone is interested in running something different give us a call.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it is because mine is lifted lol. Easy to work on the underside of it but anything in the engine my 6'6" tall ass has a hell of a time reaching it. It didn't take but a hour to do the glow plugs I just hate working on my Daily Driver because I can't be lazy and not do it when I'm halfway through it:p. Everytime I tear into it though I do find it easier but I try not to do much to it unless I have to. I had to buy a computer for it last year to find out why I was having random shutdown problems but the Computer did it and now I have a nice program for when it breaks and to test it. It wasn't cheap though.
Talking to some Ford techs the 6.0 are the pain in A$$ ones to work on 7.3 are the good engines. All I know is the Dura-rat I as putting heads on right now sucks lol. 36 hour job!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scorpion exhaust is popular in the European Countries, and the majority of the Scorpion exhaust sold on our website went across the ocean. The canister is titanium , and the head-pipe is stainless steel like the rest. The power gains based on customer reviews were good, and we never had a fitment issue with them in the past. I only have one left in stock for a raptor 660 if anyone is interested in running something different give us a call.
I should have bought my exhaust from you. Been a week and still not shipped!!!!:mad: 5 phone calls 5x "we will call you back" 5x no call backs. :mad:If I get my money back I will call KB!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts