Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just woundering if anyone here is running one. lookin to but one as i understand its between a stage one and 2 and ou dont need to replace springs and valves. look for riding an performance input.

thanks

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Looking over your specs, What does a "flipped rear link" mean?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
A member named "03limited" was a big fan of that camshaft, if you search around for "mudbuster" in the forum you should find more than a few instances of him talking about it.

Sky High, you can find that with a search too, but it's easier to explain because I've run it before. You flip the rear section of the linkage upside down, this alters the rear shock's lower mounting point, changes geometry a bit, and lowers the rear end. Not recommended for jumping.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have searched, he talked about it alot but was looki for actual experiance with the cam. i found one guy that was running it an pm'd him but he hasent been on here in a long time so just though id throw it out there,

the fliped link is great for me i do a lot of fast trail riding and im 155 pounds so the lower COG is great. like maddog said, its not reccomended for those who jump alot

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
This is just my oppinion and understanding from reading 03limited's posts.

The older mud buster was between the stage 1 and 2. The newer one is supose to be geared more twards utilitys pulling bigger tires. More toqure. The cam profile was designed with utilities in mind. Hot cams didnt get it right the first time. Hence it being between a stage 1 and 2 for the raptor. The newer ones are setup for torque.

Hot cams mistake just hapen to benifit the raptor crowed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
These cams rock imo.had one in a 660 build few yrs back with wiseco 10 to 1 piston.have another mudbuster im doing same build but more compression.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts