Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 raptor 660,,,,with a white brothers slipon,,,,,im wanting to run alky,,,,anyone know where to buy the carbs,,,, i want to beat the snott out of the raptor 700 with a pipe and power commander ,,,,any ideas,,,,or where and what port job to get for the 660,,,,please help

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Methanol would not be very user friendly on a trail bike. I'm sure it could be setup to run fine but the problem is you could go half as far on a tank of gas, plus you would have to change the oil after every ride.

The general rule of thumb is methanol will add 10% power, not very much if you are only putting down 35 to start with. Probably be best to bump up the compression, stage 2 HC and clean up port job with SS valves.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have for a while now. I do not reccomend trying to modify the stock carbs. You will need more compression to run it.
You have to change your oil much more often and drain and purge your fuel system. I would not reccomend running it for a trail runner. All I do is drag race with methanol but my engine is faaaaar from stock.
If your looking to pour in HP look at klotz additivies, or oxygenated fuels like u4 or mr9 etc.You WILL have to re-jet your mains to run those fuels though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts