Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get a Precision Racing Products Stabilizer, any feedback?

- Are you happy with it?
- How was installation?
- What settings do you run (what kind of riding/terrain)?

I'm in desert with some rocky conditions, whoops and sand washes.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Re: Anyone running Precision Stabilizer?

There are shock like looking stabilizers that run somewhere in the neighborhood of $139 to 159.95 ea., some are rebuildable and some are not, this type needs the mfg to rebuild, which can and will cost you $$$

Then there are the handlebar mounted flat types, these are more like $400 to 500 ea., to my knowledge all of these are rebuildable, a buddy of mine has had his of this type on 4 to 5 bikes...one rebuild per year, replace the rubber washers and the hydraulic oil and your done and ready for another year...this can be done by you and NOT the original mfg., which will not add to your $$$ out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its $480 complete with Raptor install kit. I was looking at Scotts Damper, which is about the same price.

I'm going with the $500 range for adjustability - you tune it to be tight towards the center and loose towards full lock, vice versa, or anything in between. Makes a big differnce when you need stiff for high speed straights, but maneuverability in turns, and when its slick and need easy middle, but stiff towards the steering locks.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I am also looking into the Precision, but I want as much info as anyone can give regarding its longterm wear and tear, ease of installment, and how people feel it stacks up to the other brands.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It would be cool to see if we could get a GROUP BUY on these. Any of the fine SPONSORS, can you arrange a group buy on these?

GPR/PRECISION/ELKA/GIBSON

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ain't no way in hell I would give 500 bucks for something that I don't even know if I need it :'(
But the after market peeps love the ones that do :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Markcuda - I hear ya, I'm not a big aftermarket guy and stick to the bare bones upgrades as it is. I only run skid plates, Holeshot HD tires (too many cacti out here), T-9 rims (smashed a stocker on a rock 60 MPH), front bumper (to mount my # plate) and hand guards (roost can hurt).

My buddies who race tell me a stabilizer is a must have, and since its a 100 mile race over rough terrain, I'm going to give it a whirl. I think it will save ma a ton of energy and aches when the race is over.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the Percision stabilizer and it works great. I mostly ride Desert and I feel alot safer with it on. It basically does everything they advertize. The instalation was very easy and I just set it to their recomended settings for desert riding and havn't felt the need to mess with it since. After a while you just forget it's really there and you think your quad just normally handles and rides like this, until you ride someone else's quad without one.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I run a Precision, too- very nice unit.

For those who question the price, I ran the stick type for a while, never again. I wore mine out in no time.

Bottom line is, you get what you pay for. If you buy a cheap stabilizer, then that is what you bought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just installed the shock style PEP stabalizer today, looks good and installed in less than 15 minutes. it seems like it should work fairly well, ill keep you updated but it doesnt seem bad for 150 bucks :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts