Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching this vid, I put a few break-in hours on my 2020 w/o the lid, but before I change oil and start to ride it hard, I'd like to hear your experience. I've had zero decel pop w/ the AIS delete plate on. I'll be looking to get a tuner eventually, but no plans to do exhaust, wanting to keep it as quiet as possible. I've had to buy 6 various Dynojet tuners over the years and was hoping to take at least a brief break...haha.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I bought my 2020 a year ago yesterday.
I run it without the airbox lid, and have no issues.
Cuervo claims 3hp/3trq, and that it is not dangerously lean.
I can tell a mid to high rpm increase in power when riding with the lid, then without.
I have the Cuervo pop-stop plate, and early-on fan stat, as well as other cooling mods, but the airbox and filter, exhaust and engine internals are all stock.
An FCI with airbox and PCV will be my next engine mod.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You feel better performance WITH the lid at mid-high RPMs?

Could I trouble you for details on the early-on fan stat? I think mine has only kicked on twice.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
You feel better performance WITH the lid at mid-high RPMs?

Could I trouble you for details on the early-on fan stat? I think mine has only kicked on twice.
Run your Raptor hard through the gears, like a drag race, then remove the airbox lid and do it again, you will be able to tell the difference, it runs better Without the lid.
Cuervo's early-on fan thermostat turns the fan on around 20-25 degrees sooner.
If there are none listed on ebay(where I bought mine), you'll have to contact him directly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts