Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start the ordering aftermarket parts and I want some advice on either of these products. If anyone has used either one can you please comment. They both seem very similar, but I would like some real world data

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just run a search and you will find what you are looking for! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the pro tec lid.
if i got a new raptor i wouldnt buy another.
it doesnt seal around the sides of the box and fitment is tight.

on the plus side it does add a nicer induction sound to the quad

·
Registered
899 Posts
My theory on these types of lid is this. You put this lid on trying to get more air flow and maintain protection of the air box, which it accomplishes. Now if you ride in a place that is so nasty you fill your air box with mud and water chances are the lid will be plugged shortly maybe even sucking water out of the mud….might as well run with the lid on. If you tuned your bike with a clean lid now you are running rich. One could say this about running with no lid but I don’t think the filter will fully plug up due to the round shape. I ride in some nasty Pacific Northwest jungle all winter and have had vary little water in the box and no mud clods just some splash. If it is super wet out I run without the plug in the bottom of the box …lets what ever gets in run right out….only problem with that is crossing real deep water but I never get in 3’ of water. If you ride in an area that’s just dusty or sandy than you might as well run with no lid and use an outerwear, well oiled filter and get the full benefit. The outerwear repels water well, runs right off, but it’s not water proof. This is just one mans opinion…I could be wrong.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I run the EHS lid and it is awesome. Very well built, it seals perfectly. I would get it again no doubt. You wont be sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.