Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new set of rear tires soon and I can't believe how expensive the Maxxis rzr2 tires are now. I like the Maxxis rzr 2 alot and I've been useing them for years but they are pricey. A friend told me he bought the Kenda 6 ply and he's very happy with them and they are way cheaper. I think $116 rzr2 to $76 Kenda Kutter for 1 6 ply rear. He says were all just paying for the name and Kenda is just as good.

So anyone with any experience on this?? This is a huge difference in price. We mainly ride dezert and need a 6ply tire.

Thanks.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Those are good tires

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive had them for a year now and theyve only been on a few rides but show little to no wear. I love them and definitly would recommend them. I'm with you, i like the razrs but just not worth the extra $ imo

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm rolling with the GBC Xrex's they are a knock off of the Rzr 2's...they are a great tire and perform awesome...priced around $72-75 a tire. Worth a look, if you like the rzr 2's.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow. When did the rzrs become more expensive than holeshots? I love my Holeshot HDs on the rear. But a buddy put some klaws on his 660 and seems to like them. Says they hook up much better that the stock tires.

He did knock one rear off the rim with a log, but may not have been seated fully on the bead.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow those do look just like the rzr 2. I have to check around to see if we can get them here in California. If not, I may be going with the Kenda Kutters next.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I got them and love them. I only had them for a few months and there still holding up good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the guy at my local store was just tellin me bout them and was saying how everybody loves them. so after hearing all you guys talk bout them, i think im gona get a set also lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The thread looks about dead on. They only difference maybe harder compound rubber which will wear longer but take away a lil bit of traction on super hard pack. Idk this for sure. They may also weigh different but probablly not much if any. So I'd run em if you like em. I have some buddy's that run em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts