Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use a full-face style motorcycle helmet instead of an MX Helmet? I'm getting ready to order a new helmet and I thought it would be cool to just have the flip down visor instead of using goggles, it seems like it would also be a little warmer than my mx helmet which would be good for the winter time around here

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went riding a couple times with my dirt track helmets. It was nice to have the tear-offs, but I would have rather had the airflow. Seemed like I was always fogging over. I would guess the dirt helmets would have more venting than a motorcycle helmet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been wanting to ride around here lately, and it has been from 0-35 degrees for about the last 3 months...It sucks going out because my face gets frozen within about 15 minutes even with a bandanna covering my nose and mouth....good point though I bet a full-face would be too hot in the summer

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used my motorcycle helmet for a while, didnt care for it. Hot as a mofo, and not much room between your mouth and the chin guard (fogged up a lot)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats my buddies car-of which Ive put wayyy too many hours in working on...it pays off though seeing it launch like that and go down the track!

·
Registered
19 Posts
twistedwedge said:
best of [email protected] 1/4 cutting and popping. [email protected] 1/8. Weve got the miss issue resolved-should be able to crack 8's in the 1/4 when the tracks open up.
hell yea very nice. I can't wait to get mine up and going., its a mustang though. Its been down for awhile. I'm hoping to break into the 5's this year in the 1/8. It should, cause I will have enough motor and boost to run that fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.