Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use a full-face style motorcycle helmet instead of an MX Helmet? I'm getting ready to order a new helmet and I thought it would be cool to just have the flip down visor instead of using goggles, it seems like it would also be a little warmer than my mx helmet which would be good for the winter time around here

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went riding a couple times with my dirt track helmets. It was nice to have the tear-offs, but I would have rather had the airflow. Seemed like I was always fogging over. I would guess the dirt helmets would have more venting than a motorcycle helmet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been wanting to ride around here lately, and it has been from 0-35 degrees for about the last 3 months...It sucks going out because my face gets frozen within about 15 minutes even with a bandanna covering my nose and mouth....good point though I bet a full-face would be too hot in the summer

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used my motorcycle helmet for a while, didnt care for it. Hot as a mofo, and not much room between your mouth and the chin guard (fogged up a lot)

·
Registered
19 Posts
twistedwedge said:
I used my motorcycle helmet for a while, didnt care for it. Hot as a mofo, and not much room between your mouth and the chin guard (fogged up a lot)
is that your camaro in your avatar?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats my buddies car-of which Ive put wayyy too many hours in working on...it pays off though seeing it launch like that and go down the track!

·
Registered
19 Posts
twistedwedge said:
Thats my buddies car-of which Ive put wayyy too many hours in working on...it pays off though seeing it launch like that and go down the track!

very nice, what are the track times in it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
twistedwedge said:
best of [email protected] 1/4 cutting and popping. [email protected] 1/8. Weve got the miss issue resolved-should be able to crack 8's in the 1/4 when the tracks open up.
hell yea very nice. I can't wait to get mine up and going., its a mustang though. Its been down for awhile. I'm hoping to break into the 5's this year in the 1/8. It should, cause I will have enough motor and boost to run that fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts