Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up with this they released it but I haven't heard anything yet whats the deal?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm waiting for the Oxygen sensor version also. Once the O2 sensor is in there, the ECU will automatically tune for you.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you run it all the time with the o2 sensor? How much will that restrict flow, and what if you run duals?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
frankhkp7 said:
I'm waiting for the Oxygen sensor version also. Once the O2 sensor is in there, the ECU will automatically tune for you.
Would'nt that be nice :thumbsup: . I hope the EFI reaches that point some day, but I don't see it for a while.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
frankhkp7 said:
Would'nt that be nice :thumbsup: . I hope the EFI reaches that point some day, but I don't see it for a while.

Its my understanding that this "radrap" efi thing had it right now! Street bikes have been running o2 sensors for a while...dont see why quads cant.
BUT, I also recall when I got my full exhaust for my street bike that they had me remove the 02 sensors because it restricted flow so much. Had to by these dummy switches from dyno jet to trick the computer.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
135boom said:
pile0g00 said:
frankhkp7 said:

Its my understanding that this "radrap" efi thing had it right now! Street bikes have been running o2 sensors for a while...dont see why quads cant.
BUT, I also recall when I got my full exhaust for my street bike that they had me remove the 02 sensors because it restricted flow so much. Had to by these dummy switches from dyno jet to trick the computer.
No I asked one of the reps. that very question and he said it does not self adjust, but it does make it very easy to do it yourself :crazy: . I asked him a few more questions and then he just stoped replying. I don't think that "radrap" is ready for production. JMO

·
Registered
399 Posts
You guys are crazy the computer wont tune its self for the right air/fuel ratio and it might be a little harder then you guys think it is. Your basically starting off with a fuel map that is way off from idle to normal driving and WOT. You have to tune everything even timing curve. Yes this computer might be right for a couple people but if all you have is the 3 mods and maybe a big bore why would you want it? Its like having a aem standalone and those things have very few special tuners that can handle that extensive work maybe you guys should research a little more

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
135boom said:
pile0g00 said:
frankhkp7 said:

No I asked one of the reps. that very question and he said it does not self adjust, but it does make it very easy to do it yourself :crazy: . I asked him a few more questions and then he just stoped replying. I don't think that "radrap" is ready for production. JMO
wow....that figures. Whats the point then? I'll be sticking with my PCIII anyhow....didnt really ever think I was going to go with this anyway. There are tons of people that have custom maps, or that can make you a custom map in no time with the PCIII. They also have that ignition module said to be arriving soon.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There are clear advantages if a wideband 02 (even some w/non WB) is just a reference for you to make the needed changes manually then removed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.